Need help finding a resaonably priced hotel near black falcon pier.

CRUISEALLDAYLONG

We'll be cruising out of Boston's Black Falcon Pier. We'll be flying in the day before the cruise and we're looking for a hotel that is reasonably priced & close to the pier. We did have the Hampton however, I've just been notified that the Hampton is no longer going to work for us. So we're looking to stay as close to the pier as possible but we are also looking for something reasonable. We've never been to Boston and have no clue as to what's in what area. We don;'t mind taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel and a taxi from the hotel to the pier. We just want to be somewhat close to the pier. Has anyone stayed anywhere close to pier. We tried the seaport but for what they're asking for one night, we could possibly do a cabin upgrade at the pier. Not really trying to spend all of the cruise money on a hotel the night before the cruise.

Check back on this board for lots of discussion of cheap hotels near the pier. Bottom Line: There aren't any.

Boston is a VERY expensive hotel city, unless you're willing to stay in more marginal areas. You'll see hotels in Dorchester and Quincy and Revere and East Boston (near the airport, but not on airport property) which are affordable, but there are limited touristy options nearby, so you have to make that tradeoff.

• 2 weeks later...

We were initially told that this hotel was close to the pier and we later found out that it wasn't and we're looking to stay close to the pier or in downtown Boston. The hotel itself sounds great, however we would like to travel the furthest distance from the airport to the hotel and have shortesy distance to travel the morning of the cruise. Do we're looking at the marriot and some others in downtown Boston. Hope that helps....

Cruiseallday-

thanks for the answer-

we're probably going to stay at the Hampton as we've got some Hilton points we can take advantage of to cover the cost of the room. I'm guessing we'll have to cab it to the pier but at Boston Hotel prices- free is good!

enjoy wherever you stay- I'd be curious to know what your final decision is!

Hi Cruisealldaylong,

We cruise out of Boston alot of times! We were on the Jewel this past September. When friends come in from out of state we recommend the Double Tree Hote at The Bayside Expo. They have a Free Shuttle Bus, Its cheaper than the Seaport and you're not far to the Ship or city. What ship will you on? I'll be happy to answer any more questions!

Happy Sailings:)

The Shuttle takes you to both the airport and cruise terminal. Its a 10 min drive to the Black Falcon Terminal, and depending upon traffic, construction, etc. its aout 15-20 min drive to airport

Happy Sailings!:)

Thanks WAKKA

It helps when you can talk to someone who is willing to share good information.

Is the Double Tree Hotel at The Bayside Expo actually in Boston. I did a search for a phone number and I got several locations. Also, are there any restuarants w/i a very short walking distance from the hotel? And lastly, are you familiar with the harbourside inn on state road? That was another hotel we were considering. Is the harborside inn closer to the pier than the Double Tree Hotel at The Bayside Expo?

Hi CRUISEALLDAYLONG. Yes, the Bayside Expo is in Boston, but not in the downtown area. The closest major landmarks are the JFK Library and the University of Massachusetts-Boston campus. You'd have to take the nearby subway to get into town. Yet it's a lot closer to the pier than the hotel you were looking into previously.

The Harborside Inn is right smack in downtown Boston, near Quincy Market, the North End, and Aquarium, and is close to the Freedom Trail walking tour. This isn't a chain hotel, and I don't know of anyone who's stayed here, yet the location is great, in my opinion. A taxi ride from the airport should be about $15-$20, and a little less to the pier. It's not really all that far from the cruise terminal, but I wouldn't want to walk it. Maybe 10-15 minutes by taxi.

It comes down to whether you want to be near the city's attractions or close to the pier.

Hi Again!

I agree with Lisa63 that the Inn is accessible to many more attractions than Double Tree. I assume the Inn will be the same price as the Seaport Hotel.

Good Luck !!! and

Happy Sailings!:)

Thanks for the info,

Ok Let me get this straight, the Double tree Hotel at the bayside expo is closer to the pier than the Harborside inn on State street? Since I am definitley interested in being close to the pier, I'd like to know which Hotel is closer to the pier, and that will be the hotel we book. Thanks

The Doubletree at Bayside Expo and the Bayside Inn are about the same distance from Black Falcon Cruise Terminal... three miles or so. The main difference is the neighborhood you'll be in. Bayside Inn is in the middle of the city, whereas the Doubletree is not.

The Wyndam is nice -- I haven't stayed there, but I've been at conferences there. The location is more in the business district, which is fairly deserted during the weekends during the daytime, yet it is still close to many of the popular attractions.

Hello all, can someone tell me where exactly is the doubletree. There were about 3 w/i the Boston area. Does anyone know the address to the Doubletree from the above post? I got a really good rate on the Harbourside Inn on State street in Boston, so at this point since both hotels are about the same distance to the Black Falcon cruise terminal, I'll probably stay at the least expensive, But honestly I'm leaning toward the harbourside inn but I will make a comparison. Thanks guys, for all of the info..................

The Doubletree Bayside isn't in what most folks consider to be Boston -- it's in a neighborhood of Boston called Dorchester. It's very convenient to the Bayside Expo center (hence it's name), but nowhere near any tourist areas without a cab or the T.

Here is the Google Link to the Doubletree Bayside, all you need to know should be here

Here's the Harborside Inn's website link I've lived in Boston forever, and I've never heard of it. Having said that, the location is excellent for dining and tourist options.

If the prices are at all near each other, I'd chose the Harborside Inn without any hesitation, assuming you can find some decent reviews of it, which shouldn't be difficult to do online.

• 3 months later...

There is another Doubletree in the Theater District of downtown Boston (Washington Street). It is closer to the cruise terminal and in a more interesting area of the city than the Doubletree Bayside; it may be worth checking out.

• 4 weeks later...

Why not stay at an airport hotel? You can bid for a 4 star hotel on priceline for around $65-$70 and then just take a taxi from the airport hotel to the port. It's not far at all. Just a suggestion. The airport hotels come up on priceline all of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived