Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

Our best tip:

One of the dining rooms will be open for lunch on embarkation day although you are usually directed to the buffet. We think the dining room is a better experience and starts the cruse off perfectly.

Until what time would a dining room be open? That sounds like a great idea!

We just got back from the Golden to Hawaii. We asked to see the menus for the cruise and were told that they only have them for the next night. However, when we asked about a particular night (namely our anniversary), they provided the menu the next morning. So, at least on some ships (maybe longer than a week cruise?), you cannot see all the menus for the cruise in order to determine where you want to dine.

Yeah, you can see the menus for the entire cruise... if the Head Waiter doesn't provide them ask for the Maitre d'.....

I worked on this ship...

Originally Posted by Sunsailor View Post

Our best tip:

One of the dining rooms will be open for lunch on embarkation day although you are usually directed to the buffet. We think the dining room is a better experience and starts the cruse off perfectly.

Until what time would a dining room be open? That sounds like a great idea!

Only until 1:30.

Yeah, you can see the menus for the entire cruise... if the Head Waiter doesn't provide them ask for the Maitre d'.....

I worked on this ship...

Thank you for the tip. Next time we will work further up the line to see them.

Does this include the complimentary bottle of wine? We are non-drinkers and would appreciate this trade.

msk1

Yes, you can trade the complimentary wine, because your TA pays for it. I know you can trade for a drink, hopefully you can trade for something else. You can let your TA know you are non drinkers.

For an Alaska cruise, out of Seattle, where would be a good place to purchase wine to take on the ship that is close to the ship or downtown?
The Public Market area. That is also THE BEST place to buy flowers. OMG, they are beautiful AND affordable. A HUGE bouquet that you would find locally for $50 - you can get for $15- $20. They are really beautiful. I didn't see any wine places - but we don't drink, but I'm sure it's there. You can also go to the 1st Starbucks there. The Public Market place is really cool. You should make time to go there. We did. We had a good time. We just wish we had more time.

Not sure how close it is to downtown or the pier - our hotel took us there and then to the ship. Our hotel was near the Space Needle.

Yes, you can trade the complimentary wine, because your TA pays for it. I know you can trade for a drink, hopefully you can trade for something else. You can let your TA know you are non drinkers.

We don't drink wine and they let us trade for soda which was perfect for my dh. Call room service when you get to your cabin.

<< got 3 bottles of Moscato>> You've got good taste. My favorite wine! :D

<< I bring my own wine. We pour a glass full in our cabin and walk down t o dinner with it. The maitre de many nights have taken the glass from me and taken it to our table and put it down!>> Oh wow! An amazing tip! I think it might be my favorite! :p

Didn’t I read somewhere in all these tips that you can get a corkscrew and wine glasses for your room if you ask? I can bring my own corkscrew, but the glasses could be a problem. :rolleyes:

I'm loving all the GREAT tips! The Mr. will be so impressed with how 'cruise savvy' I am when we get on board! :D Thanks one and all!

<< I bring my own wine. We pour a glass full in our cabin and walk down t o dinner with it. The maitre de many nights have taken the glass from me and taken it to our table and put it down!>> Oh wow! An amazing tip! I think it might be my favorite! :p

Didn’t I read somewhere in all these tips that you can get a corkscrew and wine glasses for your room if you ask? I can bring my own corkscrew, but the glasses could be a problem. :rolleyes:

I'm loving all the GREAT tips! The Mr. will be so impressed with how 'cruise savvy' I am when we get on board! :D Thanks one and all!

Yes, wine glasses are the first thing that we ask for, nooo problems.

john

You can exchange any of the travel agent's gifts for onboard credit.

This is really good to know as I was not aware of this. Last cruise we left our TA's bottle of wine card on the table for our waiter. I hope he got to use it! I would be more than happy to exchange wine for a frozen pina colada!!

:)

I always bring my own corkscrew, just in case. If using a carry on, you can't have one that has a knife attached. My room steward tends to bring me a better one than I bring. I usually bring a cheap plastic one.

Looking for any singles that may be cruising the Caribbean Princess January 8/15/2012, would like to start a new thread if possible!

I see you are new to CC.

On the boards, click Princess, Click Caribbean Princess, click your sail date and you will be on "that" thread. You can ask there.

If no thread is started, you can start one. There is a place that says, start new thread. You would put your sail date for that thread heading. I hope this helps

I see you are new to CC.

On the boards, click Princess, Click Caribbean Princess, click your sail date and you will be on "that" thread. You can ask there.

If no thread is started, you can start one. There is a place that says, start new thread. You would put your sail date for that thread heading. I hope this helps

Click the Princess link under the Roll Call section, not the one under Cruise Lines "P-Z"

Archived