NCL SUN Cabin 8278

tm3750

Has anyone stayed in this cabin on the Sun. It is a balcony looking off the back of the ship . Just wondering if there is any difference from the regular balcony cabins on that deck. Possibly has a larger balcony?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin on the Sun. It is a balcony looking off the back of the ship . Just wondering if there is any difference from the regular balcony cabins on that deck. Possibly has a larger balcony?

Haven't been on the Sun yet (2012) however, I have been in the aft balcony rooms on the Gem and the Dawn. On the Gem the balcony room was not larger. On the Dawn, the room and balcony was much larger. Since the Sun is an older ship, like the Dawn, the room and balcony are most likely larger since mini suites are next to them. Either way, the back of the ship is awesome! The view is amazing and it is quiet at the back of the ship. I saw other ships in the distance, dolphins and even a shooting start. No doubt you will love it! :)

I've been in an aft mini on the Sun and had friends in 9278. The room is actually a little smaller (from door to balcony) than other balc rooms. The balcony seemed about the same size but feels a little bigger because the railing wall is angled so the floor extends under the rail (hope that makes sense).

It obviously didn't leave a negative impression, we're in 8278 in a few months.

I didn't notice that the room (we were one deck up but I belive the rooms are the same) was any shorter but I agree that the balcony while not any wider than a regular balcony the outward slope from the rail down to the balcony floor makes it much more usable. We had the steward bring us a chaise which allowed one of us to nap on our wonderful sea days. While tight, we were able fit it along with the standard chairs and tiny table.

If you can afford it, I would try to get into the AF next door - its different than most mini suites - wider rather than longer, more like a regular hotel room, and if I remember correctly, the bath has both a shower and a tub.

@tm3750

That's our cabin!

Got hooked on aft cabins on that, our first ever, cruise. The main difference from a side cabin is the solid lower portion of the rail. You will be able to see the water while sitting on the bed, but not when lying down. That's a non-issue for us.

Among our Sun pictures at smugmug below you'll find a few balcony pix. Enjoy your cruise.

@tm3750

That's our cabin!

Got hooked on aft cabins on that, our first ever, cruise. The main difference from a side cabin is the solid lower portion of the rail. You will be able to see the water while sitting on the bed, but not when lying down. That's a non-issue for us.

Among our Sun pictures at smugmug below you'll find a few balcony pix. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I enjoyed scrolling through them.

Archived