Flights from Barcelona

bp traveler

Looking for some advice - does anyone know if the Magic will be one of those itineraries (like the Freedom when it was in Europe) that arrives really, really early back into port......I ask because on Delta the flights are all at 10am or nothing - yikes - how are we to make it?

It says that we arrive in port at 7am, I am not sure how far the Barcelona airport is from the port or how big of an airport it is either.

I need to book this in the next couple of weeks but it could be risky - any thoughts?

The port and airport are only about 30min. apart.

I read that Delta is now also doing some checkins for their flights right at the port so I'd ask about that.

In addition you could always add a day at the end in Barcelona because spending more time there is really fun!!

If you can stay in spain the extra day,,there is so much to see in barcalona. You really need 3 days to do the whole city, a must is to get a pass on the citys tourist busses,you can switch bus routes to different parts of the city, i think there is 3 routes red, blue,green it is the best way to see the city. You can get off and on the bus as many times as you wish...do not to get a hotel on the rambla,to much noise.....Good Luck..

If you can stay in spain the extra day,,there is so much to see in barcalona. You really need 3 days to do the whole city, a must is to get a pass on the citys tourist busses,you can switch bus routes to different parts of the city, i think there is 3 routes red, blue,green it is the best way to see the city. You can get off and on the bus as many times as you wish...do not to get a hotel on the rambla,to much noise.....Good Luck..

No need to stay extra days in Barcelona on many of the Magic itineraries since many start on a Friday and end on a Sunday. For the Friday embarcations, if you fly out on a Monday and arrive on Tuesday, you have three days in Barcelona before the cruise.

Early morn traffic is like any other big city. My flt was the earlier one at 9:10, Margs was 10:30..both Delta. I fly on a pass..so need to go early and get listed/check-in. Due to Marge getting her passport pickpocketed, we left hotel in Gracia area, by taxi at 6:15. Took 40 min even that early. Delta desk had a line waiting to open at 8:00 or so. I got the missing PP issue cleared up, Marg had over weight bag issues, and fines to pay. you walk n wait. even after you get thru immig/customs, it is a trek to Delta gate. The Duty free is at the other end of the "no return zone"..(left side)didnt do that. There is a coffee/pastry kiosk at Delta (rt side)area..pricey tho. I didnt make my early flt, but did get on hers. All in all it took about 2+ hrs to get thru in a short early morning line. There were no other ships in port that day, and it is too early on that timetable, as I just checked for you.And your debark day is a FRIDAY, a busy day at airports. Some vessels do not list there port load. A possible 6,000 t0 10,000 passengers wanting to go "somewhere" at the airport on "ships in" day. We had to fly to JFK, ATL and home. I made all my flts, after I got bumped on the 1st one out. I was in Anchorage last year, and had to contend with 3 ships departing when I wanted to fly home.That's why we stayed on in BCN 3 extra days.. I wont have to mess with that on the TA Magic..just getting to BCN 3 days early on the Maiden Tranx ATL. Ask, if you have questions. please ask.

Early morn traffic is like any other big city. My flt was the earlier one at 9:10, Margs was 10:30..both Delta. I fly on a pass..so need to go early and get listed/check-in. Due to Marge getting her passport pickpocketed, we left hotel in Gracia area, by taxi at 6:15. Took 40 min even that early. Delta desk had a line waiting to open at 8:00 or so. I got the missing PP issue cleared up, Marg had over weight bag issues, and fines to pay. you walk n wait. even after you get thru immig/customs, it is a trek to Delta gate. The Duty free is at the other end of the "no return zone"..(left side)didnt do that. There is a coffee/pastry kiosk at Delta (rt side)area..pricey tho. I didnt make my early flt, but did get on hers. All in all it took about 2+ hrs to get thru in a short early morning line. There were no other ships in port that day, and it is too early on that timetable, as I just checked for you.And your debark day is a FRIDAY, a busy day at airports. Some vessels do not list there port load. A possible 6,000 t0 10,000 passengers wanting to go "somewhere" at the airport on "ships in" day. We had to fly to JFK, ATL and home. I made all my flts, after I got bumped on the 1st one out. I was in Anchorage last year, and had to contend with 3 ships departing when I wanted to fly home.That's why we stayed on in BCN 3 extra days.. I wont have to mess with that on the TA Magic..just getting to BCN 3 days early on the Maiden Tranx ATL. Ask, if you have questions. please ask.

WOW! Thanks for the heads up about BCN! Makes me glad our flight leaves the next day. That's a Wed. and the flight is at 10AM. If we leave the hotel near the cathedral at 8AM, is that enough time to get to the airport & through customs & such or should we leave at 7-7:30AM?

We're doing the TA on the Magic next year and I have a couple of questions since this is my 1st TA. The one way air from Texas to Barcelona is wildly expensive, so can you just book a RT then dump the return ticket? Are there any negative or legal ramifications for doing that?

Also, we plan on arriving several days prior to embarkation day and would like some suggestions for hotels. I heard there is an area that is gated and I'm not sure that we're interested in that area.

We're mid-50's sister's any safety issues we should be aware of?

We're doing the TA on the Magic next year and I have a couple of questions since this is my 1st TA. The one way air from Texas to Barcelona is wildly expensive, so can you just book a RT then dump the return ticket? Are there any negative or legal ramifications for doing that?

Nope, makes room for those who miss their return flight:p

Also, we plan on arriving several days prior to embarkation day and would like some suggestions for hotels.

Suggest you do some searching on the Barcelona Port thread on CC, lots of suggestions there, depending upon your budget and taste (also look on TripAdvisor) I've chosen the Petit Palace Boqueria

Usual big city stuff, Barcelona is especially known for pickpockets, suggest wallets be carried interior and purses cross body

WOW! Thanks for the heads up about BCN! Makes me glad our flight leaves the next day. That's a Wed. and the flight is at 10AM. If we leave the hotel near the cathedral at 8AM, is that enough time to get to the airport & through customs & such or should we leave at 7-7:30AM?

never know what could go awry

Nope, makes room for those who miss their return flight:p

Also, we plan on arriving several days prior to embarkation day and would like some suggestions for hotels.

Suggest you do some searching on the Barcelona Port thread on CC, lots of suggestions there, depending upon your budget and taste (also look on TripAdvisor) I've chosen the Petit Palace Boqueria

Usual big city stuff, Barcelona is especially known for pickpockets, suggest wallets be carried interior and purses cross body

I go on a pass.so no p[rob for me..I booked Margaret in reverse, as we sailed from Ft Laud..then she just didnt do the return to BCN..more on that..one way was $1400..R/T was $845. On magic, just pay from Here, to BCN and sail on a West Bound to Galveston.. She paid overweight baggage $255...but today...

she called Delta to find out her FFMiles..wont work on Interna'tl..but... they will credit her 1/2 of her flight to BCN..$400+..with out a blink..to make up for the overcharges. She can use the FF's to fly to Atlanta tho.

Looking for some advice - does anyone know if the Magic will be one of those itineraries (like the Freedom when it was in Europe) that arrives really, really early back into port......I ask because on Delta the flights are all at 10am or nothing - yikes - how are we to make it?

It says that we arrive in port at 7am, I am not sure how far the Barcelona airport is from the port or how big of an airport it is either.

I need to book this in the next couple of weeks but it could be risky - any thoughts?

Since Delta is also operating of the brand new Terminal 1 it's easy to navigate there.

When you leave the ship around 07.00 hrs and pre-book a taxi you can be at the airport at 07.30 hrs.

In Barcelona the traffic congestion starts later than in other places of the world and at this time it's inbound traffic and the airport is easy to reach.

We made it with pre-booking a car for 07.30 hrs to be at the airport ahead of 08.00 hrs at the new Terminal 1.

Regards

HeinBloed

It is usually recommended to get to an airport 3 hours before an international flight. I would never leave my hotel at 8AM to get to any airport for a 10AM flight!!

One way tix are NEVER a good idea!

Try pricing a multi city flight. You can find this on any airline site or booking site by clicking on MULTI CITY before putting in where you are flying. This way you fly into one city and then out of the other. Often it is just as inexpensive as a round trip ticket.

Archived