Obstructed Balcony 4J Glory

uirishtoo

Anyone have information on these cabins? I thought 4J were obstructed oceanviews considered inside staterooms. They are on the cabins 6204 and 6203?

All opinions are appreciated.

We always book an inside on the Lido-like to be close to pools.

Pros-cons??

Thanks!!!

There is no 'balcony' about them. They are forward facing cabins with a picture window that looks out on a small public deck with a railing high enough to obstruct the view of anything but sky and a trace of water. EM

Anyone have information on these cabins? I thought 4J were obstructed oceanviews considered inside staterooms. They are on the cabins 6204 and 6203?

All opinions are appreciated.

We always book an inside on the Lido-like to be close to pools.

Pros-cons??

Thanks!!!

Yes, you've got it right. They are like an oceanview in the sense that you have the window and sunlight. But because of the obstruction described by Essiesmom, Carnival categorizes them as insides. The big advantage is that you get some view of the outside for the price of an inside. Plus, you are very close to the action on the promenade deck. A disadvantage is that there may be more motion, being that far forward, than if you book a room further down. And, right outside your window will be a public walkway, where people can look out the front of the ship. You'd want to keep the drapes closed at night.

The 2 rooms that you mentioned both hold only 2 people. On the deck plans, match symbols to the legend if you need a room that can hold more than 2. If there's no symbol, it holds just 2. No roll-away beds on the Glory.

Thanks for all the information. The carnival website (when looking to book) says they are obstructed balconies--I thought exactly what everyone else has said. I guess I will call Carnival for some clarification.

We do only need 2 to a room-so that is not a problem.

Should we go for it?

Yes, these rooms are now classified as inside rooms but they do feature the window. You will not see water only the wall of the public deck outside the window.

People can use the deck for their viewing pleasure.

But few people know its there. It will be a very long walk to the food./pools but for the price of an inside you got a window

Thanks for all the information. The carnival website (when looking to book) says they are obstructed balconies--I thought exactly what everyone else has said. I guess I will call Carnival for some clarification.

We do only need 2 to a room-so that is not a problem.

Should we go for it?

Im guessing you are mixing up some colors ... as Carnival considers them insides. ...there would be no reason for Carnival to call them balconys ...dream on that you can book a balcony as a inside. Some of the colors on the deck plans are similar and Im betting you have two mixed up.

btw since no one here agrees with you ...not even sure why you would call Carnival ... they probably cant see what you are seeing on the plans or wherever ...

Actually, It did state obstructed balcony on the website. I spoke with Carnival and they checked it out and agreed that it was a "mistype". They are correcting the error.

Thanks for all the input--might just stick with our inside cabin close to food and pools.

We had room 1003 (4J) on thje Glory. I'm 5'8 and I could see out of the window just fine. There are some pics of the room in my review, here is the link. We were directly under the gym though, which was a little loud sometimes. I would book this type of room again in a heartbeat. BTW, our beds were pushed together. we weren't expecting it, but it was a really nice suprise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1185295&highlight=lyncoya

• 2 weeks later...

Archived