Price Reduced

Jack&Laura

I check our cruise rate on Carnival website everyday. Yesterday, our fare was reduced $60.00 per cabin for 72 hours. Called and told our TA about it. He said wasn't available. I gave him all the information (I should get the commission). New rate for Legend, January 2, 2011 is $60.00 less. Eligible for ANY price reduction up to October 10, 2010.

I check our cruise rate on Carnival website everyday. Yesterday, our fare was reduced $60.00 per cabin for 72 hours. Called and told our TA about it. He said wasn't available. I gave him all the information (I should get the commission). New rate for Legend, January 2, 2011 is $60.00 less. Eligible for ANY price reduction up to October 10, 2010.

Why would you get the commission??

If the TA says not available ... ?? How do you know its reduced for 72 hours?

Well, since I dont know what price you booked, or the category ...just curious about what you said. Sounds like some miscommunication.

Why would you get the commission??

If the TA says not available ... ?? How do you know its reduced for 72 hours?

Well, since I dont know what price you booked, or the category ...just curious about what you said. Sounds like some miscommunication.

The "commission" was tongue-in-cheek. Some people would consider it humerous. I did his job, to make it clearer for you. He said "not available", but I found out that the fare was reduced by checking the website. Isn't that what a TA is supposed to do? Maybe not, in some cases. Carnival TOLD ME IT WAS A 72 HOUR REDUCTION. We booked an 8A upgraded to an 8F on Panarama deck. Take the information for what it is worth. After twenty cruises, we try to stay on top of things

The "commission" was tongue-in-cheek. Some people would consider it humerous. I did his job, to make it clearer for you. He said "not available", but I found out that the fare was reduced by checking the website. Isn't that what a TA is supposed to do? Maybe not, in some cases. Carnival TOLD ME IT WAS A 72 HOUR REDUCTION. We booked an 8A upgraded to an 8F on Panarama deck. Take the information for what it is worth. After twenty cruises, we try to stay on top of things

I understood what you meant, but I could also see how it could be a bit misunderstood by firefly and others.

Good for you on the price reduction! We booked our trip on Tuesday and it has already gone UP $20, even with the new sale....hmmmm.

Any TA that has time to check everybody's trip for price changes every day doesn't have a good business - they shouldn't have the time. I feel it's my responsibility if I want the savings to do this, and I can alert them to do the rest of the work. It's all part of the "thrill of the hunt" for me. Enjoy your OBC!

The 72 hour sale allowed me to move laterally, from an 8A to an 8B for $5 more pp. I could've gone all the way up to an 8E but wanted to stay on the main deck, just moved more midship. I like being closer to the water (this is on the Miracle 11/27).

Of note, when I saw the price reduction I called my PVP, who wasn't in. So I called the 800 number for Carnival and was told that sale was for "new bookings only and there was nothing she could do" (I'm booked ES). I knew that was hogwash and sure enough, when my PVP called back, she moved me without question. It continues to amaze me the lack of communication at Carnival.

Actually, I believe that one of the reasons TAs don't go out of their way to find price reductions for you once you book is because it then reduces their commission. So he probably would be happy to be able to give you his negative commission.

I had a $10 price reduction today. I got SO excited. I know, I know......its only $20!!! But I was still excited!!! :D Went online, found the ES form and sent it in, got confirmation of sending it in and am waiting for them to review it.

(hoping I did that right - my first experience with ES).

I had a $10 price reduction today. I got SO excited. I know, I know......its only $20!!! But I was still excited!!! :D Went online, found the ES form and sent it in, got confirmation of sending it in and am waiting for them to review it.

I am sure you did it right...and $20 is $20.00! Good job.

The 72 hour sale allowed me to move laterally, from an 8A to an 8B for $5 more pp. I could've gone all the way up to an 8E but wanted to stay on the main deck, just moved more midship. I like being closer to the water (this is on the Miracle 11/27).

Of note, when I saw the price reduction I called my PVP, who wasn't in. So I called the 800 number for Carnival and was told that sale was for "new bookings only and there was nothing she could do" (I'm booked ES). I knew that was hogwash and sure enough, when my PVP called back, she moved me without question. It continues to amaze me the lack of communication at Carnival.

You are entitled to EVERY reduction without penalty until the final payment due date. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I understood what you meant, but I could also see how it could be a bit misunderstood by firefly and others.

Good for you on the price reduction! We booked our trip on Tuesday and it has already gone UP $20, even with the new sale....hmmmm.

Any TA that has time to check everybody's trip for price changes every day doesn't have a good business - they shouldn't have the time. I feel it's my responsibility if I want the savings to do this, and I can alert them to do the rest of the work. It's all part of the "thrill of the hunt" for me. Enjoy your OBC!

You are right and I agree with you 100%. I was just being a smart ass. I agree that it is MY responsibility. ...and I will continue to check.

You are right and I agree with you 100%. I was just being a smart ass. I agree that it is MY responsibility. ...and I will continue to check.

I am even checking the cruises we decided against just out of curiousity. We were looking at going on the Glory again, and when we booked they were higher, now they are lower than what we paid. But we wanted to try a new class of ship - and the Legend gets high marks, so the few dollars extra are worth it to us. When we booked, though, it was more.

I must have a great rate already for December because nothing is even close.

Not the 72-hour "sale" :rolleyes:.

Not past guest. :(

Not senior (I look even though we're a few years away from 55).

We're nearing final payment, I think (paid ours off early) but I still watch like a hawk. :)

I concur. Thanks for the chuckle!! ;)

Good luck and yes $20 is $20. It will buy you each a DOD!!! :D

I found a lower rate for my cruise in November. I filled in the web form and submitted it last night. I included the link to their page which showed the new lower rate. It is a good thing that it was a live link. After I posted it, the fair dropped another $5 per person. We now have $20 credit! Woohooo!

I am almost ashamed to say what that makes our PP sailing charge. It it now amazingly inexpensive.

Archived