Does Splendour OTS have any specialty restaurants

wg6530

I'm thinking of booking Splondour of the Seas out of Venice. A travel agency is offering an amenity package on Royal Caribbean cruises. The package includes dinner for 2 in the specialty restaurant. Sounds nice, but does Splendour have a specialty restaurant? If so, which one? If not, I"ll want to negotiate a different amenty.

I sailed Splendour out of Venice in 07. Great ship, great food, great crew; and the ports of call were wonderful. We did venice-dubrovnik-kudiasi-santorini-corfu-venice. They do not have a specialty resturaunt. Have fun.

I'm delighted to hear so many positive comments about the ship and itinerary. We book a b2b in November. While it might not be the ideal time to visit the area (shorter, possibly wetter days and cooler temps), that's when I can get time off. And it should be warmer and more interesting than home...

Thanks for all the feedback on the ship.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

we were on Splendour last july and ate a few of our evening meals in the windjammer.My sister and I went in full evening regalia complete with all the bling :D.

Good wine sevice, great choice of food and plenty of choice of seats.We actually prefered this to the MTD we had originally booked.

We had a fantastic time on board-good atmosphere/weather/food/ports.

Don't miss the midnight buffet on deck (only held once a week)it was a brilliant night.

Taffygirl

I'm thinking of booking Splondour of the Seas out of Venice. A travel agency is offering an amenity package on Royal Caribbean cruises. The package includes dinner for 2 in the specialty restaurant. Sounds nice, but does Splendour have a specialty restaurant? If so, which one? If not, I"ll want to negotiate a different amenty.

:cool:Not to be smart BUT - consider this a learning lesson. Go to RCCL website. Go under plan a cruise. Go under ships. Look under Splendour and you can see all ammenities, deck plans, etc. Always search RCCL website first for layouts, cabin information etc. Then come to CC for the tricks of the trade:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

:cool:Not to be smart BUT - consider this a learning lesson. Go to RCCL website. Go under plan a cruise. Go under ships. Look under Splendour and you can see all ammenities, deck plans, etc. Always search RCCL website first for layouts, cabin information etc. Then come to CC for the tricks of the trade:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Aww, cut me a break, Jack. Of course, I did ask the travel agent and I did look on the website before posting. I even did a cruise critic search. the travel agent wasn't sure if Splendour of the Seas had a specialty restaurant. I knew the website didn't show a specialty restaurant. But sometimes websites are incomplete or incorrect, especially if a ship has been recently renovated. some time ago I learned a different lesson: checking with cruise critic posters yields some of the best, most up to date info on ships.

Example, I reserved EOS cabin 7688 based on cruise critic info. RCI's website call it obstructed; their diagram doesn't show the huge wrap around balcony. Far superior info on cruise critic.

My thanks to all the helpful posters here.

. . . We book a b2b in November. . . .

We did a one week cruise on Splendour in Nov. 2007. The weather was great for touring. Light jacket was fine most days. We spent a few hours touring around Frankfurt [using FF miles made that a convenient place to fly into] and I was glad I had my sweater and gloves under my jacket that day. But the day we were in Kusadasi it was warm enough I left my jacket on the bus most of the day. Just don't make the mistake I made and [because it was so warm in Turkey the day before] decide to leave your jacket on the ship when you go ashore in Santorini. When you get up on the top of the cliff, the unobstructed breeze makes it a little cool. The jacket would have been nice. In November, a lot of the water attractions [glass bottom boat rides in Corfu, dive shops, etc.] will be closed for the season. And you won't want to spend much time sunning on the beach. But for scenery, history, and museums, we thought it was great.

Loved Splendour. Great ship, and when we were aboard, great crew. Splendour is very similar to the Radiance class in many ways - just a bit smaller. A lot of glass and opportunities to look out. Also, it has an enclosed Solarium. We had a balcony on 7 near the middle. We loved it.

Have a great time.

Archived