Changed my flight

After posting my arrival flight times in the thread "cruising on stand-by" I have changed my arrival flight time and departing airport. I called Carnival again and they again told me that I originally had enough time, I pushed her and said what happens if my flight was delayed and she said I would have to get a flight into Grand Caymen! LOL I am now leaving out of Westchester and arriving into FLL at noon time!

Very good move! No need to start your vacation super stressed about getting on board in time. We booked a private shuttle from FLL to the Miami port for our last cruise and though we left the airport right away and traffic was pretty good, it still was a good 40 min. by the time we were dropped off. I read your posts on the other thread and thought to myself "would I be comfortable with the assurances of a Carnival hourly wage worker on the other end of the phone saying 'no problem' or would I make sure I am there in time?"

If we can we fly down the day before, but the cruise I mentioned above left on a Friday and we couldn't leave before Friday morning, so we had to manage. Enjoy a much less stressful launch to your vacation! :D

After posting my arrival flight times in the thread "cruising on stand-by" I have changed my arrival flight time and departing airport. I called Carnival again and they again told me that I originally had enough time, I pushed her and said what happens if my flight was delayed and she said I would have to get a flight into Grand Caymen! LOL I am now leaving out of Westchester and arriving into FLL at noon time!

That is better but you are still going to be really pushed to make the ship. Best of luck.

As an airline pilot, and knowing everything that can go wrong (and goes wrong) on a daily basis, I would NEVER, EVER, EVER fly on the day of departure.

Just the thought of landing just a few hours before the ship's departure gives me stress!

That is better but you are still going to be really pushed to make the ship. Best of luck.

If you book Carnival's bus transport to the pier, you might pay a little more than a cab, but the bus (and the ship) will wait for you if there is any delay. I always fly the day of my cruise, and have never experienced a problem - hopefully you have a non stop out of HPN - I usually do LGA, and a non stop takes out the chance of something happening with a connecting flight. Enjoy!

If you book Carnival's bus transport to the pier, you might pay a little more than a cab, but the bus (and the ship) will wait for you if there is any delay. I always fly the day of my cruise, and have never experienced a problem - hopefully you have a non stop out of HPN - I usually do LGA, and a non stop takes out the chance of something happening with a connecting flight. Enjoy!

non stop out of HPN @ 9am

Archived