Emmy Fashions? Favorites?

Did anyone watch the Emmy's last night?

I had a few favorites! I loved Jane Lynch's purple one shoulder gown. I thought she looked absolutely beautiful!

I think my favorite dress of the night was Claire Danes. I actually thought her whole looke was really beautiful and every time I saw that dress I liked it better and better. I thought the neck line was very flattering and it didn't seem prone to wardrobe malfunctions, and the color was really beautiful. I really liked her near platinum hair color and the way it was fixed down. Just really lovely.

Some of the misses were January Jones. Her hair didn't look right with that cray dress. The dress was a bit over the top, but maybe a dramtic updo would have made the look more complete. I love Neal Patrick Harris, but I'm not a big fan of grey tuxedos, not awful, but I prefer black. Didn't care for Tina Fey, the red headed girl from Mad Men in the Purple feathers, or Anna Paquins's dresses. Though I did like Anna's hair.

I am going to look for something like Jane had one if I don't slim down enough to fit into one of my current dresses by the Nov cruise.

I loved Kelly Osbourne's black dress with the draped top and the square pleated skirt.

I thought that Claire Danes looked amazing and very grown up for once. I almost didn't recognize her. Didn't like how the dress fit her by the armpits though.

Claire Danes did look amazing. She was my favorite and looked like perfection from head to toe, I thought. I also thought the blond girl from Glee, Dianna Agron, looked beautiful - it was her very first Emmy Awards. Her dress had a little bit too much lace on it, but nice.

Heidi Klum looked beautiful too - I loved her necklace the best though! Something about her eyes looked weird. Kelly Osbourne, Lea Michelle, Jewel, Eva Longoria Parker, Sofia Vergara and Rutina Wesley all looked stunning!

I didn't like Anna Paquin's dress or January Jones' dress. Although, I loved the color of January's dress - that rich blue was gorgeous.

I think it was a three way tie between Lea Michelle, Sophia Verara and Claire Danes .. with special mention to George Clooney for always looking classy! I also loved Archie Punjabi .. her dress was understated but lovely.

I agree with all your assessments, but on the other side, January Jones with the bright blue cones on her boobs was a totally ugly dress. Also the lady that used to be on Gilmore Girls had an awful dress that looked like a white napkin on a black dress.

After watching TV Guide Channel's Fashion Report & E! Fashion Police coverage tonight, it appears that most of the so called "experts" agree w/ everyone here. One person that I thought looked great; Tina Fey. I LOVED the black lace column dress. Yet, no one on either show gave it a mention.

And poor Rita Wilson (Mrs. Tom Hanks) shoulda stayed at home. She should fire her stylist!

Some of the misses were January Jones. Her hair didn't look right with that cray dress. The dress was a bit over the top, but maybe a dramtic updo would have made the look more complete.

An updo would have shown off those huge ear rings.

My daughter and I were looking as the dresses online this morning and one site picked Vampire Diaries's Nina Dobrev's peach one shoulder Zuhair Murad dress as a worst and one picked it as a best. The site that had it as a worst let the readers vote, and the people disagreed with the eidtor, they loved it. I didn't see it on TV but loved it in the pics. This pic puts her in the best category with Claire Danes.

blush1.jpg

I did look at them on yahoo news at work with my co-worker. But some of them were hot messes and should fire their stylists.My list of worst dressed with my opinion attached:D

Tina Fey, Rutina Welsey, Carrie Preston- I want my printed curtains and my bed spread back

Anna Panquin- that dress didn't look right made you bigger than you are-fire your stylist

Keri russell- fire your stylist that dress is not the right color or shape for your body type you can do so much better.you could have at least faked the cleavage.

Holly Burell-my camel is missing their pink tassels

Chris Jenner- that dress made you look fat.

Diana Argon,Toni- I need my lace table cloths back

Kyra Sedgewick- that color is too dark for your fair hair and skin.

I love the fashion police shows on E! so entertaining..

I actually think Anna Paquin's dress wouldn't have been bad if it didn't have the sleeves. I think that's what threw it off. I did like how she was styled, otherwise.

The only thing I liked about January Jones' dress was the color - was the only color of it's kind I saw. Same for Keri Russell - I liked the bright pink of her dress but thought it was ultimately too casual looking for the night.

I really didn't have a favorite dress - will need to look at some pictures.

After watching TV Guide Channel's Fashion Report & E! Fashion Police coverage tonight, it appears that most of the so called "experts" agree w/ everyone here. One person that I thought looked great; Tina Fey. I LOVED the black lace column dress. Yet, no one on either show gave it a mention.

And poor Rita Wilson (Mrs. Tom Hanks) shoulda stayed at home. She should fire her stylist!

Instead of E! Fashion Police, I meant to say ET (Entertainment tonight). Neither show made mention of Tina Fey's dress. I finally watched E!'s Fashion Police this morning; & they did talk about Tina's dress (rather unfavorably). I see where others here agree. Suprisingly, as much as they raved about Claire Danes' gown, the "Fashion Police" deemed Lea Michele as their best dressed. To each his own.....

OMG, I didn't see Rita Wilson's get up until I watched the fashion police show I DVR'd. She was a total train wreck. WHO advised her on that outfit? Sorry, but she looked like a hooker who got tangled up in a chandelier. And those shoes???? Hooker shoes for sure. What was up with that?

BTW, ladies. Did you all see the line up for Dancing With The Stars? Not a good lineup, imho. It should be renamed Dancing with the Reality Stars and Retired Athletes.

I thought Lea Michelle looked fabulous - the dress was beautiful and the hair, makeup and accessories all worked. It was age appropriate and flattering.

Dianna Agron's dress was also really lovely, and totally age appropriate. She's a really pretty young woman.

I didn't think Kyra Sedgewick looked that great - the dress didn't seem to fit and the colour washed her out. And why didn't she do something with her hair?

I actually didn't mind January Jones' dress, but it looked like she just got out of the shower and threw on a dress. Her hair was AWFUL. She always seems to look messy ... I think she's far prettier when playing Betty Draper!

Tina Fey looked better than ever. She sometimes looks frumpy, but that dress really flattered her figure.

Christina Hendricks showed too many curves ... sometimes a bit less is more. And that purple did nothing for her colouring.

Rita Wilson ... well, I'm sure she's seen herself on tv now and realizes how God Awful that dress was. Tom Hanks is a good man - my husband would have left me at home if I wore that dress!

Heidi Klum still has a great figure, but something about the minidress struck the wrong chord with me. Maybe it was the combination of the updo and the short dress, but I didn't like it.

Anna Paquin's dress looked like something out of the 1930s ... and I don't mean that in a good way. The combination of the embelishment on the shoulders and chest and the satin fabric just looked heavy and "old".

But of course they all look 100% better than I would look on the red carpet, however they have stylists and I just have my cat giving me feedback ;)

I finally looked up the Emmy fashions, I didn't watch the show and don't know who 3/4 of the starlets were.

There were some very pretty dresses worn and as usual, some odd choices. I thought Claire Danes was the clear winner and a few of the young women from "Mad Men" looked great, sorry don't know who they are, I've never watched the show.

I'll agree Rita Wilson looked absolutely horrid in that dress, I read it was Prada. It looked to me like a fashion school "make something out of weird material" contest. I thought it looked like pop tops over a sack. Too bad, she's a beautiful woman and usually looks fantastic.

Heidi Klum? I think she needs to get over wearing mini dresses. Her legs are great, but she's too old for that. She's no different from the rest of the world, trying to dress too young for your age makes you look hoochie. I think she looks classy and elegant in almost anything except mini dresses.

But scrolled through the pics online. Pretty sad group of dresses this year, or maybe ladies don't look in the mirror when it comes to a proper fit. Strapless is difficult to wear unless it has the correct support underneath or built-in and the designers just were not able to fit them properly to the figures of the ladies who wore them, except for a few exceptions. Without going into details, it just appears that body shapes and dresses were not correctly brought together. Perhaps designers and stylists are not completely honest with the stars when the final decisions are made regarding choices. It is unfortunate, because with their resources, everyone on the red carpet should look stunning. Not sorry to have missed this train wreck....sorry for being so harsh....I just remember way back when, in the day that every star looked her absolute best on these award nights.

JMHO....

Tina Fey was my favorite overall look.

She rocked that dress. ;) and her makeup and hair were fab. She looked very glam, but still looked like herself. Too many of the ladies put on a different persona for "dress up".

That blue monstrocity that January Jones wore was definitely the clunker of the night! What a hot mess!

However, Rita Wilson came in as a close second for the poor taste award. And did you see the shoes???

Heidi Klum's dress was pretty but too short. Yes, we know she has great legs, but that dress revealed her whole butt when she sat and I'm sure from the front gave a view that rivaled Sharon Stone's famous crotch shot. Heidi is usually classier than that, this was a disappointment. If any Project Runway contestant showed it, she'd bask them for being tasteless.

Heidi Klum? I think she needs to get over wearing mini dresses. Her legs are great, but she's too old for that.

If her legs are great then she is not too old to wear a mini dress. I really hate when someone says that so and so looks great in an outfit, but because so and so is this old then they should not wear it. It makes NO sense.

There are many young girls with fat rolls and such that should not be wearing what they wear. :rolleyes: Just because a person is a certain age does not mean they should wear something or not wear something automatically.

If you take care of yourself and look good and are tone, then besides ribbons and extremely obvious teen wear, you should wear what you want.

During spring break, I see SOOO many young girls who are so out of shape wearing bikinis because they think they can because of their age :eek: My poor eyes.

If her legs are great then she is not too old to wear a mini dress. I really hate when someone says that so and so looks great in an outfit, but because so and so is this old then they should not wear it. It makes NO sense.

There are many young girls with fat rolls and such that should not be wearing what they wear. :rolleyes: Just because a person is a certain age does not mean they should wear something or not wear something automatically.

If you take care of yourself and look good and are tone, then besides ribbons and extremely obvious teen wear, you should wear what you want.

During spring break, I see SOOO many young girls who are so out of shape wearing bikinis because they think they can because of their age :eek: My poor eyes.

I'll stand by my comments. I don't care what shape a person is in, wearing too short, or too tight or too anything over the top makes a person look like they are trying desperately to look yournger...that in itself makes a person age themselves.

I also feel that many of her dresses are too short for anyone to wear, not just her and not just because I think she is too old for them. They would make even an 18 year old in great shape look hoochie and I think she is too classy to do that to herself. They would meke nice tops, though.

I suppose I'm just not a fan of people exposing their goods, male or female, young, old, great shape or out of shape. A mere two inches would make a hoochie dress look classier and prettier.

Tina Fey's dress was a standout for me, also loved Julie Benz white dress (but don't know who she is) Loved Kerri Russel's dress too. Claire Danes was gorgeous, Worst for me was Anna Paquin, (Zena, princess warrior called & wants her outfit back:p) Glenn Close, what were you thinking?

& Christina Hendricks, that dress would be nice on someone with a willowy figure, it was not flattering on her.

I'll stand by my comments. I don't care what shape a person is in, wearing too short, or too tight or too anything over the top makes a person look like they are trying desperately to look yournger...that in itself makes a person age themselves.

So true.

Jane110, I'm so glad you chose Tina Fey's as your favorite. That was my pick; & I was afraid I was the only one who thought so. It certainly wasn't high up on most people's lists. Maybe my taste isn't as bad as I thought it was.

Tina was the fave amongst quite a few of my fashionable friends. So you're in good company. ;);)

Archived