Denali weather question

cruisinalong001

I know weather in Alaska is unpredictable, but we could use a little help to on choosing a block of time to visit Denali. When is the worst time for mosquitos? What is the rainiest time? What is the warmest time? When does fall usually start? I have looked at many of the weather sites and they usually give it just by month, which could encompass a lot of different weather patterns. TIA

How far in are you looking to go?? Myself, I don't go to Wonder Lake until mid August or later. Prior to then, you are best to be well prepared.

There are NO guarantees, is Denali Park your priority? Different timeframes, can offer different viewing and sightings. For me, Eielson is doable all season.

How far in are you looking to go?? Myself, I don't go to Wonder Lake until mid August or later. Prior to then, you are best to be well prepared.

There are NO guarantees, is Denali Park your priority? Different timeframes, can offer different viewing and sightings. For me, Eielson is doable all season.

Eielson is probably as far as we will go. Looking to avoid peak mosquito season, peak warm weather, and peak rainy season. Just looking to increase our odds of good weather even tho we realize it may be for naught. Yes, Denali is a priority. This will be our third trip to Alaska, yet we have never made it to Denali. We would like to take the Tundra tour, do some rafting (mostly scenic), maybe some horseback riding and a short hike or two. I guess my question would be when are the peak times for mosquitos, warm weather, and rain.

Eielson is probably as far as we will go. Looking to avoid peak mosquito season, peak warm weather, and peak rainy season. Just looking to increase our odds of good weather even tho we realize it may be for naught. Yes, Denali is a priority. This will be our third trip to Alaska, yet we have never made it to Denali. We would like to take the Tundra tour, do some rafting (mostly scenic), maybe some horseback riding and a short hike or two. I guess my question would be when are the peak times for mosquitos, warm weather, and rain.

Then anytime, is your option. If going independent, I don't recommend the triple cost Tundra "tour", which is 10 miles shorter than, Eielson.

Archived