Juice/lemonade etc in Lido & Neptune - your experiences?

debsjc

I know this isn't the most important question in the world, but would appreciate your help anyway ...especially as I don't drink tea, coffee or iced tea :-)

I just found a recent Eurodam review which mentioned there was sometimes lemonade, fruit punch or pineappple juice in the Lido at lunchtime. This would be great for me, has anyone else come across this? Were the dispensers next to the water?

Also in the Neptune lounge I've seen cranberry juice mentioned, which I don't drink. Is that the only juice they have, or does it vary?

Thanks

In the Lido there is a dispenser near the water and coffee machines where you can get punch -- lemonade.

As for the Neptune Lounge -- orange juice is available from 7 AM until 11 AM.. Then cranberry juice is availoable from 11 AM until 5 PM -- sometimes later -- depends on the ship. There are no other juices.

Sometimes there will be pre-filled glasses set out near the dispensers for you to take. I have also seen glasses of juice in the cafeteria-style stations as well (as in, next to the food) - tomato and grapefruit, I think.

As for the dispensers, sometimes you will be able to get your own, and sometimes a crew member will be there to serve you. Depends on code-red status.

Also, even in the Lido, it is always ok to ask, "Do you have _____?" They may be able to get it for you. :)

In the lido I have seen: Apple Juice, Pineapple Juice, Tomato Juice, Grapefruit Juice, Cranberry Juice, Grape Juice, Tropical Fruit Juices, Prune Juice, Lemonade, Fruit Punch, Iced Tea and of course the Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice. YMMV :D

In the lido I have seen: Apple Juice, Pineapple Juice, Tomato Juice, Grapefruit Juice, Cranberry Juice, Grape Juice, Tropical Fruit Juices, Prune Juice, Lemonade, Fruit Punch, Iced Tea and of course the Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice. YMMV :D

And sometimes you`ll find guava. Really good stuff by itself or with Captain Morgan.:)

debsjc,

We do not drink iced tea,rarely drink cranberry juice, so we fill a glass of orange juice from the Neptune Lounge dispenser before it is cleared away about 11am, and place in the little refrigerator in our room to have later. I find the iced water with added lemon slices, from the Neptune Lounge dispenser is quite refreshing.

There are small glasses of various juices available at breakfast in the lido and, I assume, the MDR and also room service. I do not recall juice or lemonade being available at other times on any of our HAL cruises. We sail mostly on S and R class ships. We would notice since J jr. doesn't drink coffee or tea.

Archived