My kids are so spoiled now

md10074

We just got back from our Liberty cruise a few weeks ago, and yesterday was the first time we went to one of our NYC beaches. My son will be starting high school at a school near the beach, so we took the buses so I could show him how to get there. He's on the autism spectrum and very nervous to be taking 2 public transportation buses all by himself, but I know he can do it.

So we went to the high school and since it was hot and we were near the beach, we stopped by. We walked on the sand to the shore and the kids just kind of looked at the water. My son said "hmmm, it's kind of dirty looking isn't it?" and my 7 year old said "yeah". I told them to take off their shoes and go in up to their knees if they wanted, and they're like "nooo". My son said "it's sure not like the beaches on the cruise" and want to know when they can go back to the Caribbean.

After a while I persuaded them to go in and they had fun and want to go back tomorrow, but thanks Carnival for spoilling them. :p Before the cruise, they didn't know any better, now they only want to go in crystal clear turquoise water. Some nerve!;)

I took my 3 kids on an 8 day Mexican Riviera about 5 years ago. We had booked a balcony for DH and I, and an interior across the hall for the kids. They were upgraded to a balcony when we boarded. Now they are as spoiled as I am.

Mary,

We were on the same cruise, kids are 19 and 21. Daughter went to Jersey shore a couple of weeks ago and she said "man what a difference". I keep looking for the dinner menu and surprise, surprise, I am the one the are waiting to cook dinner for them.

I can't wait to go on another cruise.

Karen

I grew up in a Caribbean island, literally 5 minutes from the coast (in fact, you could see the coast from our neighborhood, up on a hill).

It's amazing the things that I took for granted growing up there, including the blue, Caribbean ocean. I always thought that the ocean looked the same everywhere....that is until I moved to the US mainland....:eek:

Even when I lived in south Florida, I considered the ocean there to be "murky". And it didn't have that "ocean" smell that I had grown up with...

Our very first cruise has cost me a fortune . :eek:

My wife used to LOVE going to the beach here in the Northwest.

Then, I took her to the warm, beautiful, turquois waters of the Caribbean.

The water even looks cold up here now.

I went on my first cruise when I was 7 and my older brother was 12. When my parents tried to tell us how beautiful blue and clear the caribbean water was we told them "there is no water that clear". Well we were wrong! We fell in love with the beautiful water and have cruised ever since. I am now bringing my two daughters on cruises and they to love the water. We brought them on a land vacation this year and they told us they wanted to go on another cruise next year. They are alredy addicted at ages 6 and 7. ;)

We just got back from our Liberty cruise a few weeks ago, and yesterday was the first time we went to one of our NYC beaches. My son will be starting high school at a school near the beach, so we took the buses so I could show him how to get there. He's on the autism spectrum and very nervous to be taking 2 public transportation buses all by himself, but I know he can do it.

So we went to the high school and since it was hot and we were near the beach, we stopped by. We walked on the sand to the shore and the kids just kind of looked at the water. My son said "hmmm, it's kind of dirty looking isn't it?" and my 7 year old said "yeah". I told them to take off their shoes and go in up to their knees if they wanted, and they're like "nooo". My son said "it's sure not like the beaches on the cruise" and want to know when they can go back to the Caribbean.

After a while I persuaded them to go in and they had fun and want to go back tomorrow, but thanks Carnival for spoilling them. :p Before the cruise, they didn't know any better, now they only want to go in crystal clear turquoise water. Some nerve!;)

My son is 10 and has been on 10 cruises! He loves Cruising!! :D

Archived