Is 10:00am flight at fll too early?

berwyn

That is cutting it way too close. If you opt for self-disembarkation, you will probably be off the ship around 8 AM, but if anything goes wrong with customs checking the ship in it will be later. Then you have to get to FLL and check in. Way too risky. I live in Fort Lauderdale and once I did self-debarkation and didn't get home until around 10 AM.

I would never book a 10AM flight... too many things can go wrong..

However, we just disembarked from the Emerald Princess last Sunday in Port Everglades... there was only one other ship in Port (Celebrity).. it was not the choas you usually experience on a Saturday tho getting thru Customs was still slow.

If you do book the early flight, make sure you get the early walk off and carry your own luggage. The walkoffs started at 7:15 last Sunday and were the first thru Customs and a short 10 minute cab to the airport.

If you are flying Southwest, you will not be able to take advantage of "Bags to Go" by checking your bags at the cruise terminal (no flights before noon)... that should not be a problem as you will beat all the lines at the airport.

However, the risk is still there....have a backup plan and be prepared to pay the extra costs associated with missing the flight.

We have found a great rate on a flight out of fort lauderdale on disembarkation day,it's a Sunday. The flight is 10:00am. Is that too early,will we make it?

Don't do it!! Black Jack has better odds!:rolleyes:

You'll end a relaxing cruise vacation with an increasing stress level and there are just too many things that can go wrong...especially long lines backing up at customs...

Spend the extra money and time, or try a different airlines.

Mike

Two years ago I booked the 10:00 flight in Fort Lauderdale and we made it with no problems.......but I worried the whole time..........and if we had booked the same time last year.......we would have missed it because the ship was delayed coming in. Luckily last year our flight wasn't until 6:00 PM so the extra time on the ship was just frosting on the cake for us.

There are too many things beyond your control......weather, ship problems, customs........It's not worth the money......book a later flight and relax.

My sister had a 10:30 flight after a cruise. She was not able to make it to the airport in time.....got there at 9:45 and was not able to check in as it was within an hour of her flight and eventually got put on another flight home...ended up getting home at midnight.

The problem with missing your flight is that flights are full of cruise passengers like you and you may not be able to get a seat on the next flight out.

We have found a great rate on a flight out of fort lauderdale on disembarkation day,it's a Sunday. The flight is 10:00am. Is that too early,will we make it?

I've made a 10:00 am flight out of Fort Lauderdale a few times in the past. We did carry our own luggage off.

Archived