Question about Blue Lagoon

darleen1421

I am a fan of the Blue Lagoon, having eaten there on the Star, Spirit and Pearl. We've always thought the food was good to great, and with the exception of the Pearl, the service has been acceptable as well.

On the Pearl, the only time we had bad service was for breakfast. Extremely slow, didn't refill coffee, messed up the orders, didn't bring things we asked for, etc. Did it ruin our time? Not at all.

One person in our party was so ansty for more coffee and after waiting the longest time, couldn't wait anymore and took matters into her own hands. The timing was just so, that when she took the coffee pot and headed to our table, someone (a superviser type) stepped into the area and saw what was going on. She promptly removed the coffee pot from this persons hands, came to our table and refilled the coffee in an extremely friendly and kind way, and then quickly disappeared into the kitchen (or utility area) . Not long after that, our waitress who was very young, and possibly very new to the ship, was out there hustling to fill other passengers coffee cups. I could just about see the chew marks on her posterior!

But I will defend the Blue Lagoon over all, because we like many items there. Especially the fish and chips.

Less than 3 days until we can partake!:D

Spirit has a Blue Lagoon, and I think the Sun.

If you order a drink from the bar, you have to pay as well.

I really hate when people start rumors with little basis - and I am not talking about just NCL or Cruises.

The Sun does not have a Blue Lagoon--however you can get fast food in the Sports Bar on the Sub.

BG

on the SUN...the Blue Lagoon will be MISSED for our nightly snacks hubby is hoping the Sports Bars offering will Satisfy him:D

I was on the Sun for 19 days awhile back-- the wings were great and DW

loved the fish and chips--fries were good--cheese cake was good--the menu they had in the sports bar looked like a blue lagoon menu including a chefs salad.

BG

I am a fan of the Blue Lagoon, having eaten there on the Star, Spirit and Pearl. We've always thought the food was good to great, and with the exception of the Pearl, the service has been acceptable as well.

On the Pearl, the only time we had bad service was for breakfast. Extremely slow, didn't refill coffee, messed up the orders, didn't bring things we asked for, etc. Did it ruin our time? Not at all.

One person in our party was so ansty for more coffee and after waiting the longest time, couldn't wait anymore and took matters into her own hands. The timing was just so, that when she took the coffee pot and headed to our table, someone (a superviser type) stepped into the area and saw what was going on. She promptly removed the coffee pot from this persons hands, came to our table and refilled the coffee in an extremely friendly and kind way, and then quickly disappeared into the kitchen (or utility area) . Not long after that, our waitress who was very young, and possibly very new to the ship, was out there hustling to fill other passengers coffee cups. I could just about see the chew marks on her posterior!

But I will defend the Blue Lagoon over all, because we like many items there. Especially the fish and chips.

Less than 3 days until we can partake!:D

We did have bad service, like you said for breakfast on the Pearl. The only time we ate there was our first port day. We thought it had to do with everyone wanting to eat at the same time and it probably did. Our wait person said it had to do with the small kitchen for so many people. I believe that. A few days later hubby went in just to grab a sandwhich and said the service was bad and we ate there one day after returning from a port tour and had bad service. Again, it was crowded but we didn't really even get an apology. I was a bit upset as we have always loved eating there and yes, we continue to grab a bite from time to time.

What food would you say was bad? I am not trying to discredit you, I am just curious. The food is meant to be fast food, nothing more, nothing less. I did have wings one time that were a little floury and a few other times stuff that I could have done without. I really don't like their excuse for a chef salad either. Other than that we think, for what it is supposed to be, it is fun and good. As for the service, on the Pearl it was awful!!!! On the Jewel, Star and Spirit the service was what I would expect for a diner type atmosphere.

Nita

I don't really remember - just that it was unpleasant. We had some kind of tomato soup. I had a grilled cheese sandwich, but I think the fault was mine in that case.:o I asked for a "toasted cheese sandwich" and got a piece of cheese between two pieces of toast! Learned my lesson there. Someone on Cruise Critic explained that to me.:) (But it took half an hour to get it.) Had a hamburger once and was not impressed.

I don't know - it just was nothing special at all, but it was the service that was so disappointing. Maybe it would have been more easy to accept if the food had been as good as people seem to say. I'd say we tried it five different times on two long cruises on the Jewel, and none of those times was satisfying. The bad service was every time - once it was a busy time, once it was an empty breakfast time, once it was a very quiet midafternoon time, and then other times I don't remember.

Kathy

I don't really remember - just that it was unpleasant. We had some kind of tomato soup. I had a grilled cheese sandwich, but I think the fault was mine in that case.:o I asked for a "toasted cheese sandwich" and got a piece of cheese between two pieces of toast! Learned my lesson there. Someone on Cruise Critic explained that to me.:) (But it took half an hour to get it.) Had a hamburger once and was not impressed.

I don't know - it just was nothing special at all, but it was the service that was so disappointing. Maybe it would have been more easy to accept if the food had been as good as people seem to say. I'd say we tried it five different times on two long cruises on the Jewel, and none of those times was satisfying. The bad service was every time - once it was a busy time, once it was an empty breakfast time, once it was a very quiet midafternoon time, and then other times I don't remember.

Kathy

I am laughing, not at you by anymeans, but what you got when you asked for a toasted cheese sandwhich. Sorry, but I would have to say, they screwed up, not you. I would assume, if I were the wait person you meant the grilled cheese sandwhich, but it is still pretty funny.

I am sorry you had such bad service, ours was nothing like that. It wasn't good and we were disappointed, but certainly we never waited an hour or anywhere close.. And like I said, the food is what we expect from such a place, or better. We love the Fish and Chips, the wings, the won ton soup and a few other things. Hubby says the hamburgers are great. Again we all like different things and thanks for explaining.

I believe I saw the post about charges for milk shake on a bad review of the Spirit posted here on the boards. It was a milk shake because the ice cream place was closed at 9pm. I am looking forward to a few snacks in the Blue Lagoon next month. The service on the Star was great but the drinks were all self serve. Never saw anyone serving coffee to those drinking it.

Archived