Question about Blue Lagoon

darleen1421

It is listed as one of the "included" eating venues.

I hope this hasn't changed. We really enjoy the Blue Lagoon. Especially the Fish and chips! It's less than 4 days from now until we'll be on the Star, and my mouth is already watering!:D

I ate there on the Dawn and it was included. I did see a post somewhere though and I thought the poster said they bought a shake there ( not the Dawn Blue Lagoon though) ? I could have read it wrong it was someone looking for ice cream :).

We had quite a few meals there and no charge ever.

I ate there on the Dawn and it was included. I did see a post somewhere though and I thought the poster said they bought a shake there ( not the Dawn Blue Lagoon though) ? I could have read it wrong it was someone looking for ice cream :).

We had quite a few meals there and no charge ever.

I too read somewhere a charge for milkshake, maybe it was the Epic.

i read the post too about Milk shake charge...heck make your own at the buffet.....its FREE!!

BLUE LAGOON on the STAR was our FAVORITE...but they changed the locale and it lost its UNIQUENESS AND CHARM:(

on the Jewel the food wasnt as good as on the STAR at the Blue Lagoon...

they were just the BEST there...even made me grilled cheese at night;)!

Lvoed the wings at Blue Lagoon on the Jewel. Someone mentioned the Jewel's Blue Lagoon was not as good as another ship--hard to imagine how those wings could have been better. Honestly--my teenage son and I went to eat them every night about 1AM--so much fun!!

Oh and no charge!:D

I was on the Star last November and we had snacks there several times and there was no charge. I have seen recently in posts that people have paid for food in the Blue Lagoon. Have they changed that since my last cruise?

I have only seen this mentioned once, and if I remember correctly, it was posted by someone who was being a grouble bunny as my cousin would have called him/her. I don't know where they got the idea they were charged and don't think they came back to explain. There was some mention about a milkshake or something. The person made it sound like a charge for everything..

Nita

No additional item on the Gem in feb 2010, all standard no fee items.

But I would have paid for one thing .... to get that 1/2 hour of my life back :mad:

My fish and chips and my wife's panini were sooooooooo bad :eek::eek:

The fish ( was it fish :confused: ) was cooked I believe in the old engine's oil and the panini was solid as a rock :(

I cannot believe you can serve something that bad to someone...... and service was poor , very poor as well. And it was like 3 pm, I could expect something like that at 4 am but not in the middle of the day !

I guess we were unlucky because I read very good reviews of the Blue Lagoon but I am back on the Gem in next May and I will not spend any time there :mad:

No additional item on the Gem in feb 2010, all standard no fee items.

But I would have paid for one thing .... to get that 1/2 hour of my life back :mad:

My fish and chips and my wife's panini were sooooooooo bad :eek::eek:

The fish ( was it fish :confused: ) was cooked I believe in the old engine's oil and the panini was solid as a rock :(

I cannot believe you can serve something that bad to someone...... and service was poor , very poor as well. And it was like 3 pm, I could expect something like that at 4 am but not in the middle of the day !

I guess we were unlucky because I read very good reviews of the Blue Lagoon but I am back on the Gem in next May and I will not spend any time there :mad:

I haven't had much luck at BL either--food bad and service worse--and not at busy times. We've tried several different times (this on two sailings of the Jewel). Most people seem to like it, though.

Kathy

I haven't had much luck at BL either--food bad and service worse--and not at busy times. We've tried several different times (this on two sailings of the Jewel). Most people seem to like it, though.

Kathy

What food would you say was bad? I am not trying to discredit you, I am just curious. The food is meant to be fast food, nothing more, nothing less. I did have wings one time that were a little floury and a few other times stuff that I could have done without. I really don't like their excuse for a chef salad either. Other than that we think, for what it is supposed to be, it is fun and good. As for the service, on the Pearl it was awful!!!! On the Jewel, Star and Spirit the service was what I would expect for a diner type atmosphere.

Nita

Wow! We love the Blue Lagoon on the Spirit. It's a great place to go for late night-been drinkin all day-put some food in my stomach before bed-meal. The panini has always been wonderful and DH loves the fish and chips and tomato soup.

It can get crowded at times, at the end of a port day or when a show lets out at night, but our service has been good there.

I was on the Star last November and we had snacks there several times and there was no charge. I have seen recently in posts that people have paid for food in the Blue Lagoon. Have they changed that since my last cruise?

Can you provide a link to where somebody said they paid?

Can you provide a link to where somebody said they paid?

There was a recent review where somebody indicated that they paid for a milk shake at the BL. Apparently, there was an implication that they were charging for other items, too.

On the Spirit our last time the Blue lagoon had the following items at extra charge: prices are what I recall and could be different.

Milk shakes $4.95 ( I had one--small glass--not worth the price)

Snow crab legs $11.95

Colossal shrimp cocktail ( Like Cagney's) $4.95

Big Green

Archived