Cabin # 10729 or 10329 om Allure?

DISFANS3

We are getting ready to make reservation on the Allure for May 2012. Has anyone stayed in cabin # 10729 or 10329 on the Oasis, I take it will be the same on the Allure?? We want a view of central park and the water theater close to the back of ship.. Also will these cabins cost more then a ocean view balcony cabin?? Thanks.

We are getting ready to make reservation on the Allure for May 2012. Has anyone stayed in cabin # 10729 or 10329 on the Oasis, I take it will be the same on the Allure?? We want a view of central park and the water theater close to the back of ship.. Also will these cabins cost more then a ocean view balcony cabin?? Thanks.

If you are staying in either of those cabins, you will not have a view of Central Park. Those cabins are Boardwalk balcony cabins. You will have a view of the Aqua Theater in the back of the ship. These will be the closest of the Boardwalk balcony cabins to the Aqua Theater. You will definitely be able to hear the evening shows!

We were in 10315 this summer and really enjoyed that area. When we be on the Allure in December, we are staying in the same area on the opposite balcony side just to get a different perspective and shake it up a bit. :)

Hope this helps.

I stayed in 10729 on Oasis last month and it was great! Here are a few photos of our view from the balcony...

IMG_4054.jpg.1bb482a017e38f0119a0ad06fa459c9e.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg.c8b53c4e6667b416adc18ce49b02ff87.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg.1161f7e2f3ac753d5a5fdc608e03c6cf.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg.ef31592737fdd827b74cee8cc5dfae8a.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg.a00746988a00e38d8003786ff8cbb2c7.jpg

I stayed in 10729 on Oasis last month and it was great! Here are a few photos of our view from the balcony...

Great photos Bonnie... it is as close to aft as you can get on this ship :)

I had 10329 booked for my B2B in October but changed cause I did not know what impact the overhang than goes across would have and sorry I changed now...oh well nexttime:) I had booked it long time ago but am now 4 cabins down from that one

Great photos Bonnie... it is as close to aft as you can get on this ship :)

I had 10329 booked for my B2B in October but changed cause I did not know what impact the overhang than goes across would have and sorry I changed now...oh well nexttime:) I had booked it long time ago but am now 4 cabins down from that one

For us, the overhang was a non-issue! ;) I sort of forgot it was there until you just mentioned it! But, you will enjoy the cabin you got just as much! I doubt the view is all that different from 4 cabins away! And, you'll be able to see the zip-liners step off the loading-plank too! :eek::D We couldn't see them take off, but we did enjoy watching them zip across and land on the other side!

For us, the overhang was a non-issue! ;) I sort of forgot it was there until you just mentioned it! But, you will enjoy the cabin you got just as much! I doubt the view is all that different from 4 cabins away! And, you'll be able to see the zip-liners step off the loading-plank too! :eek::D We couldn't see them take off, but we did enjoy watching them zip across and land on the other side!

Cool the most important part of the zipline...stepping off:eek:

Not sure if it matters, and we haven't sailed on Oasis yet, but from the research I have done 10329 has the bed next to the balcony and 10729 has the sofa next to balcony. Looks like the room is a bit more cramped and difficult to move around in if the bed is next to the closet as opposed to by the balcony.

May not matter but we changed our cabin based on where the bed and sofa appear to be located.

Not sure if it matters, and we haven't sailed on Oasis yet, but from the research I have done 10329 has the bed next to the balcony and 10729 has the sofa next to balcony. Looks like the room is a bit more cramped and difficult to move around in if the bed is next to the closet as opposed to by the balcony.

May not matter but we changed our cabin based on where the bed and sofa appear to be located.

I've addressed this bed placement situation in other threads so I cut and pasted my thoughts here too ;)....

Honestly, there are pros and cons to both bed arrangements. And in my opinion, non of the "cons" are bad enough to worry about. I've been in both set ups and saw no true issues with either. I personally prefer the bed by bath.

Bed by bath

Oasis_Ocean_Balcony_3326.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_View_3593.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_Balcony_Cabin_3198.JPG

pros:

"living" area right next to balcony makes it nice for outdoor entertaining and makes "living" area and balcony area seem like one big space.

cons:

Hard to access one side of closet.

smaller "dressing" area near bathroom/closet.

Bed by balcony

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-picture-300x225.jpg

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-stateroom-picture-300x225.jpg

pros:

Cabin/bathroom/dressing area feels larger.

cons:

Access to balcony feels a little cramped since you have to walk around the foot of the bed to get in and out.

Cabin/balcony feels a bit compartmentalized.

One side of closet is hard to access.

So, how do you know if your bed is near the balcony or the closet? I will be in cabin 9723.

Your beds are going to be next to the balcony. This is based on the fact that you are in a connecting cabin and the cabin you connect with (9725) is a triple/quad cabin on the deckplans. ALL triple/quad cabins have the beds next to the bath/closet area which means that the cabins on either side of the triple/quad will be the "opposite" (i.e....beds by the balcony). :D

It seems so cryptic, but actually it's not! ;)

We just got off the Oasis on Saturday (28-Aug~4-Sep-2010), and we were in cabin 10329.

I booked this cabin specifically to be able to watch the Aqua shows, while my 20 month old son slept in the cabin. The bed was closer to the balcony, which allowed the crib to be between the closet and the sofa. We knew he would go to bed early, thus one of us had to be in the cabin. This way we could watch the show. For this purpose, this was a perfect cabin for us.

The benefits was the ease to see the shows, as well as see out the aft of the ship to see the ocean. Plus at that hight, we were far enough above the boardwalk that we felt removed from it. The overhang (Flowriders) didn't impede our view at all.

Would we book it again....probably not.

Deck 10 has a Aqua Suite at the end of the hallway, so 10329 is the last regular cabin....a very long walk to/from the cabin. The decks above (11, 12, 14) all have the hidden public decks above the Aqua Suites, which would have been a nice place to simply step out to better watch the ocean.

The Aqua shows were fantastic to watch; however, once you've seen one, you still have to LISTEN to ALL other shows throughout the cruise, at a very loud volumn. They had water shows, movies, rehersals, etc., some playing close to mid-night. So, you won't find a quiet evening here. I also watched the dive shows from the theater, and the dives were much more impressive from below than above.

The zip-line above didn't cause too much noise, but the other sports activities echoed thoughout the boardwalk area. Dazzles is for the most part muted, but sound did still travel all the way down to our cabin. So, we always felt there was something loud going on.

I've always enjoyed watching the ocean pass us by, and the Oasis doesn't really have any good public spaces to just sit and look out to the sea. The jogging track is the only deck (aside from the pool decks on 15/16) that you can see off the side of the ships. Unfortunately, the bulk of the deck is blocked by the lifeboats. So, the limitation of not seeing out to sea had made me only plan to book an ocean view balcony in the future on either the Oasis or the Allure.

Side note - I knew the bed would be by the balcony. All the cabins with the pull-out sofa bed need that sofa near the balcony to properly set-up. Since our son was going to be in a crib, we purposely chose the cabin for only 2 people.

The decks above (11, 12, 14) all have the hidden public decks above the Aqua Suites, which would have been a nice place to simply step out to better watch the ocean.

What are the 'hidden Public Decks'?

Havent booked yet, but looking at booking and thinking of booking something overlooking the aqua show area

Archived