Ultimate Ship Tour info

escape07

Go to the information desk and they will make u write your name on a list, also you put down your robe size and chef jacket size on there. Usually they take the first 12 people, but it seems to vary by ship. It costs $150 per person.

check out my review of Sapphire to Alaska, put some stuff on the ship tour in there

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1262680

DH and I really want to take this tour. However, we're wondering if when you sign up they already know when it will be scheduled? We will have other things booked, and would want to make sure the Ultimate Ship Tour will take place when we would have a free slot.

Some folks have said that they have seen more than one UST given during their sailing, so I'm thinking perhaps the schedule may not be planned in advance.

And if the candidates are really chosen by a lottery, and DH and I both don't get selected, does the one that was selected have the option to bow out? It is something we'd really like to do together.

Unfortunately the answers seem to vary by ship and captain. We were just on the Sea Princess and signed up first thing. I was told at the desk that the tour would take place on the next-to-last sea day (which it did). They also said they only take 12 people and would use the lottery system to choose. They said they do give the option to bow out if they separate couples. In the end, there were 16 people on our tour, no lottery.

Escape07: Information desk = Purser's Desk = Passenger Services Desk. Make sure you sign up as soon as you board, don't wait for it to be published in the Patter (sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't). As TaxiDriver stated, cost is $150 per person, but you get that back in the goodies they give you.

We were told that it was planned for the last sea day (its always a sea day), but they would not guarantee that at signup in case their was large demand and they were able to add another group at a different time.

DH and I really want to take this tour. However, we're wondering if when you sign up they already know when it will be scheduled? We will have other things booked, and would want to make sure the Ultimate Ship Tour will take place when we would have a free slot.

Some folks have said that they have seen more than one UST given during their sailing, so I'm thinking perhaps the schedule may not be planned in advance.

And if the candidates are really chosen by a lottery, and DH and I both don't get selected, does the one that was selected have the option to bow out? It is something we'd really like to do together.

I don't believe there are reliable answers to your questions, except that it does cost $150 and it's worth it, in my opinion. I ask some of these same questions upon boarding the Diamond last Feb. and the pursor's desk told me they didn't know the answers. But I think you can count on it being a sea day -- you don't want it to interfere with a shore excursion ... and they don't either. Just be sure you sign up as soon as you board.

We took the Ultimate Ship Tour on the Caribbean Princess and it was worth every penny (150.00 each). My suggestion is that you go directly to the pursors desk upon boarding the ship, to sign up, as the list may fill up quickly. The max is suppose to be 12 people. You should have no problem then. They will ask you to list your sizes at that time as well. You will recieve notification by the cabin steward the evening before, as to what time you should all meet for the tour the next day. (usually the last sea day of the cruise) but, you can always call the pursors desk during the early part of the cruise and they will let you know ahead of time as to when it is scheduled. We toured behind the scenes of the theatre, kitchen, engine room, bridge (we met the captain, chatted a while and had our pics taken with him) laundry facilties, the print shop where they create the patters, and the photo studio where they develop the pictures. The tour ended up with a private party for us at the club where we were served snacks and drinks. By the time we got back to the cabin, our personalized stationary pad, chefs jacket and thick terry robes were there waiting for us. We really enjoyed the tour. :)

I was on the Sapphire and did this tour! ANYONE who is an avid cruiser should take this tour to see the city below the decks, you get to see everything from laundry to being up on the bridge!! Be prepared that there is quite abit of walking, about 4 hours worth. It will always be on the last sea day and it is a lottery, on our tour 29 people signed up but only 12 were chosen. I found out that usually the first 12 people who write down their names are chosen as they seem to the most eager to do it, while the late comers are humming and hoing! The perks you will receive are an added bonous. Enjoy your cruise and your tour!

I don't believe there are reliable answers to your questions, except that it does cost $150 and it's worth it, in my opinion. I ask some of these same questions upon boarding the Diamond last Feb. and the pursor's desk told me they didn't know the answers. But I think you can count on it being a sea day -- you don't want it to interfere with a shore excursion ... and they don't either. Just be sure you sign up as soon as you board.
I agree they do what they feel like on each ship.

Archived