will not complain about Princess coffee again

m steve

Frankly, the only coffee I've found to be worse than Princess's syrup based is WalMart's Great Value DeCaf. The fact that I even purchased that should tell you that I'm not a coffee snob. The fact that I returned it for a refund should tell you that I have at least a little taste. I can handle Princess's syrup...if it's smothered in half and half. Not the healthiest choice. But sometimes I wonder if it's just a matter of what we're familiar with and drink at home. The closer to that, be it good, bad or somewhere in between, the better.

I found the Princess coffee to be tolerable at times and undrinkable at other times. It might have to do with the proportions from particular dispensers, or maybe how long it had been sitting in a server's carafe. I didn't do enough research to determine any direct correlation. I just bought the coffee card and quit drinking the syrup stuff for the most part. I did sometimes get regular coffee with dessert in the dining room, and it usually wasn't too bad there. For whatever reason, it did often seem worse in the buffet area.

My DH and I are very discriminating when it comes to food/taste/drinks, etc., etc. And, we both like the coffee on Princess.

Of course, I do doctor mine a bit but I do the same in the outside world [you know, cream/sweet & low] but, DH takes it straight-up and likes the stuff! He is a "coffee snob", go figure!

My mom uses that, the little packs that make 4-6 cups. We think it's pretty weak. If you make 4 cups, it's not too bad...but 6? UGH! We take our little packs of VIA to her house and add 1/2 of one to a cup of coffee, just like we do on Princess if we don't want to go to IC to get our coffee. In all fairness, she doesn't like our coffee...needs to water it down. To each his own...

Can I get a cup of hot water at the IC to make my VIA or a cup of tea? Is there a charge for this or do you have to get a coffee card? I don't want the specialty tea.

Can I get a cup of hot water at the IC to make my VIA or a cup of tea? Is there a charge for this or do you have to get a coffee card? I don't want the specialty tea.

Yes, hot water is readily available in the International Cafe. We now take a small stainless steel french press coffee maker with us, along with Second Cup coffee (our fav), and make our own each morning. However, prior to doing this we survived just fine on Princess coffee.

Hot water is always available in the HC, so unless the IC is just more convenient to your cabin...

I have found the coffee on Princess decent, down right good when I compare it to the coffee I got served in the Army. Of course seeing the Panama Canal from a cruise ship rather than on the shore dressed in Army fatigues was much better to. Guess it is all about perspective.

Tim

Sitting at the front-most tables inside the Horizon Court on the Coral Princess, looking out over the entrance to Glacier Bay at 5:00 AM with a few other early risers, I thought the HC coffee tasted fantastic!

Sitting at the front-most tables inside the Horizon Court on the Coral Princess, looking out over the entrance to Glacier Bay at 5:00 AM with a few other early risers, I thought the HC coffee tasted fantastic!

;) Aw! Nothing tastes better than the ocean and the air, while at sea!!!!

kopi luwak coffee is considerd by some the most expensive and best coffee in the world. If you knew where it comes from you probably wouldn't consider drinking it. If you saw the movie "The Bucket List" you know what I mean!

Funny!!! No thanks, no cat s*** for me!!:D Maybe this is what Princess is REALLY serving in the Lido!!

I'm with m steve - I'm not drinking it either!! (I also do not get all those coffeemakers with the little pods or cups of concentrate - nasty stuff!)

I was spending a weekend with friends and they served Maxwell House in the blue container. It didn't taste like coffee to me and nothing close to the roasts we use. I can't believe I felt Princess coffee was better after posting so many negative reviews.

Steve... I'm still bringing the 4 cup Mr.Coffee and fresh grounds with on the Emerald!

I like Tim Horton's and Seattle's Best, but the favorite at home is Caribou Mocha Java. It's a good, dark, strong coffee. My personal favorite has to be Mountain Thunder Kona, but hubby can't drink excessively strong coffee anymore, because the caffeine load makes him jumpy.

Our nephew down in Texas will call us every once in a while and ask us to send him a couple of cans of Tim Horton's, which we do on a regular basis. Makes a great birthday and/or Christmas gift and we know it's something he and his wife will enjoy! ;)

Hey Hey.... a big YES to Caribou's Mocha Java!!! I waited awhile to try it because I initially thought it was a flavored coffee!

Just like weasel coffee in Viet Nam. No please do not tell anyone about it here...

kopi luwak coffee is considerd by some the most expensive and best coffee in the world. If you knew where it comes from you probably wouldn't consider drinking it. If you saw the movie "The Bucket List" you know what I mean!

Just got a Cuisinart Grind & Brew coffeemaker for $49 at BJ's, compared to $125 at Sears. So I had to find a good ground coffee. 8 O'Clock won for $3.50 a lb, got French Roast, Espresso & Kona. Then Bed, Bath,Beyond had a AeroLatte, a metal high speed mixer that works with 2 AAA batteries and beats hot milk into foam for Latte or Cappucino. YUM!

My dh and I love the coffee onboard, especially when a hot pot is delivered to our cabin! I do like my coffee with extra cream and equal. At home we have a Keurig. I usually by the "Donut House" in the K-cups. It's one of those small luxuries that we look forward to when on a cruise. Can't wait until Oct. 19!!!

I actually don't mind the Princess coffee but we do get a coffee card and usually get a double Capp and a cup of fresh roast first thing in the morning then drink the syrup coffee at breakfast then have a decaff Capp after dinner with our B&B:D

Just tried the Starbuck's Via and was happily surprised that it was good !

I hate Timmy's coffee unless it is a triple triple ......I know...there goes my Canadian spirit out the portside window...:o

Archived