11:15 a.m. flight from Orlando?

bluenoser2

do not do this, please!

You cannot ever guarantee when the ship will get into the pier, how long customs and immigration will take, how long it will take to get your transportation to get to the airport, or how long the lines will be at the airport.

Then you are basically talking about an international flight (yeah, Canada is considered an international destination :D)

Just not enough breathing room... and you could be ending a wonderful holiday with a whole lot of unnecessary stress and aggravation.

The drive from the pier to the airport is approx. an hour. As stated in previous post this is too early to catch an international flight. MCO wants you there at least 2 hrs prior to flight. If you can get a afternoon flight that would be best.

I have to agree with the PP. It's USUALLY doable if you have a US destination, but even with that you would have to do Self-Assist.

I'm Platinum and usually off the ship by 7:30 but you never know. I usually rent a car, not sure how much a taxi would be. I'm typically at the airport by 10am.

I love the Express Luggage option though, so the last time I was at PC I made sure to book my return flight after noon so I didn't have to mess with my own luggage and already had my boarding passes.

A couple of weeks ago self assist were getting off by 7:15am We scheduled our flight @ 8:30pm and we wished we would have gone for an 11:30am. Seems to be the norm with the Dream. Next time we will take our chances! ( If the DW lets me, LOL) If I were you I would go for it.

A couple of weeks ago self assist were getting off by 7:15am We scheduled our flight @ 8:30pm and we wished we would have gone for an 11:30am. Seems to be the norm with the Dream. Next time we will take our chances! ( If the DW lets me, LOL) If I were you I would go for it.

Sorry, but that is NOT good advice. Consider the following...

1. Distance from the port to the pier

2. Immigration and custom unknowns

3. weather unknowns

4. Internatonal flight

5. Long security lines at MCO

Archived