To Hose or Not To Hose

Mysteryreader

I beg to differ...I am by far from old and I wear them, as so MANY in the winter when it gets below 60..and nothign looks more ridiculous then wearing a light wool dress with long sleeves in the winter to church with bare legs and god forbid, flip flops (which I have seen)

Well...I am a Native Floridian and I live in South Florida. I barely ever see hose....In the 2 weeks of winter I see hose and on older ladies. But, they sell everywhere, so someone is wearing them.

Wear whatever feels comfortable to you, but, please please make sure they are sheer or none for strappy sandals.

That hose and sandal look is really bad.

BTW, Anna Wintour doesn't wear them and she is basically the Queen of all fashion, so don't feel bad if you don't want to.

I just read a lovely article showcasing Dolly Parton as the spokesperson for the "anniversary" of the Smokey Mountains..in every picture she had on a dress..those "clear" kind of sandles with no back, and pantyhose....in every picture..I hardly consider Dolly Parton a frump..maybe a real girly girl but hey, she can flaunt it!

I'm guilty as charged I wear hose with my dresses and open toed shoes. for me its my comfort level with formal events and such. Even in summer i do.

If you like going without hose during elegant or formal night please maintain- that means moisturize and shave(or remove the hair some how) your legs and pedicure. just sayin...

I just read a lovely article showcasing Dolly Parton as the spokesperson for the "anniversary" of the Smokey Mountains..in every picture she had on a dress..those "clear" kind of sandles with no back, and pantyhose....in every picture..I hardly consider Dolly Parton a frump..maybe a real girly girl but hey, she can flaunt it!

I understand, bare legs are not for everyone, apparently even when wearing sandals.... that's why they make hose without toes.

Nothing against Dolly, but she's hardly a fashion icon.

Yikes! I would consider Dolly Parton and sort of fashion expert! Tacky, yes.

LOL..I don't think she is either..to me she's one of those rare women that can look totally tacky but still beautiful because she has such a sweet disposition and to me seems so down to earth and she sorta shines from within..to me anyway! :)

Nothing against Dolly, but she's hardly a fashion icon.

Archived