Pre Bookable Seats To Barbados

ROSEBASKETS

The good news is I've booked row 1 so we can kick all we like cos theres no-one in front. The bad news is if we nosedive and crash we are first to go!

Kick away! I think the flight crew might be the first!...... look on the bright side, the pilot will try and keep the nose up if he can and the fuels all in the wings :D

Rosebaskets you point out it's only another £100 to pre-book seats but you won't pay it and you and your son still will not be allocated front row seats if they are by an exit. Don't be so tight, you're quick enough to bang on about smokers and you're rights what about others rights to "quiet enjoyment" of their flight? nand why won't your children be in school?

Rosebaskets you point out it's only another £100 to pre-book seats but you won't pay it and you and your son still will not be allocated front row seats if they are by an exit. Don't be so tight, you're quick enough to bang on about smokers and you're rights what about others rights to "quiet enjoyment" of their flight? nand why won't your children be in school?

Nice try, you'll need to cast your line a little further, I don't bite that easily;)

Oh BTW I've been allocated my seats with extra legroom FREE OF CHARGE :D:D:D

And no my children won't be in school, they'll be flying to the Caribbean, in their FREE seats, enjoying their FREE 15 day cruise, relaxing on the beach, swimming in crystal blue waters, with dolphins, eating the best food and enjoying the splendid facilities.

If you want to wind me up you'll need to do MUCH better:p (please note the above as an example of how to wind up others;))

Rosebaskets

I hope you all have a very much well deserved holiday.

We are also going to Carribean with 3 kids all under 10 and will be taking them out of school.

Luckily our head teacher has a very sensible head on his shoulders and realsises that 2 weeks quality holiday spent with family playing with mum and dad who both work full time is something that they can never get from school. Mixing with so much culture and different people is a learning curve in itself.

Do not panic over your flight your family has every right to be aboard and enjoy every moment of what is such precious time to any family. And full credit to you for giving your children such amazing opportunities.

As I said I have 3 kids which do sit still and will read and colour and hopefully sleep and I will be reading to them and singing to them if it keeps them amused and if somebody wants to compalin then that is upto them.

My friend has a autistic little boy and she works like a tropper to make sure he has a fab quality life. Not everybody is so narrow minded I hope you have understanding fellow passengers.

Flossy999 Thank you for your kind comments. It doesn't worry our daughters headteacher in the slightest that we take her out of school for a fortnight. My daughters teacher says it will give the rest of the class time to catch up to her! My sons school thinks it's great, they can send his and other classroom support assistants on training days and courses while he is away and they think it's a wonderful chance for him to learn social skills in a safe environment.

Your 3 kids have wonderful parents, they will learn more in those two weeks than they will do in a month at school. They will see and meet other cultures and how they differ from their own. They will learn about Caribbean Islands and their place in the world, not to mention the biology and nature, seeing fish, turtles, dolphins, whales and tropical plants in their natural environment. The oldies and the grumps just don't realise that modern parents educate their kids just as much as teachers these days because we don't put them to bed at 5pm like they used to!

My daughters trying to get her head round time zones and the fact that the flight takes 9 hours but we take off at 9.30am and get there at 2.30pm, while other kids in her class are still learning the o'clocks!

While reading some posts on here it astounds me that the older generation are so intolerent. Not only do they not understand, but they dont WANT to understand either. Your friend will work like a trooper! she'll have to fight tooth and nail for EVERY little thing, her child is disadvantaged but because he looks "normal" but acts "naughty" she'll be tarred with the bad parent brush and it will put double the pressure on her because of intolerence and ignorance in society.

Lynn, just while i've been ranting I note that you've posted too. Thank you for all your kind words and support, we will have a good holiday and blow anyone else :eek:, get your daugthers round for tea, I don't think we're done yet ;)

Rosebaskets, We have booked our seats and are happy to pay because we wanted to sit together. Our choice. You don't get a choice, you just have to sit together so quite rightly P & O have ssen sense and you have been allocated free of charge your seats in an area where you and your son are happy with.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise.

Sue

Rosebaskets, We have booked our seats and are happy to pay because we wanted to sit together. Our choice. You don't get a choice, you just have to sit together so quite rightly P & O have ssen sense and you have been allocated free of charge your seats in an area where you and your son are happy with.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise.

Sue

Thanks Sue, we did book our seats and paid the £100, we booked them right behind the wall that divides economy from premium. Thomson pointed out to P&O that when that wall is knocked (or kicked) the sound reverberates around premium because it's such a small area, as it's like being in a box.

P&O were concerned that their premium customers would become very agitated over the flight and as they were probably more likely to complain, offered us alternate guarenteed seats next to a bulkhead, with extra legroom refunded our £100. On our flight seat booker our seats have been allocated and we know where we will be sitting.

I guess if you've paid for premium seats you don't want 9 hours of drumming from the mere mortals behind you, and I guess that P&O don't want to be refunding £199 x 63 passengers their premium fees for the sake of £100 and one little boy ;)

Hi Rosebaskets, really pleased you got it all sorted out in the end. We used to take our children out of school (not all that long ago actually) and felt exactly the same as you, that it would widen their horizons. My colleague also has a son who is autistic and when they flew to Orlando were told they could not have front row seats and had to endure an horrendous flight trying to keep their son calm without resorting to drugs ( which you should never have to do). Hope you have a great holiday that will set you up for our rubbish winter. I look forward to reading your review. Wish our cruise was before next March !! Take care. :)

Archived