Pre Bookable Seats To Barbados

ROSEBASKETS

If you frequented this forum more you would realise the comment was aimed at the "usual suspects" who post on here and NOT the vast majority of P&O cruisers who are far more moderate and considerate in their views IMHO

Actually, I have been reading these forums for quite some time, however, I have only recently started posting! And IMO there is no excuse for rudeness whoever it is aimed at!!!

Seriously though, we have booked premium seats with Thomas Cook and can't believe that we cannot be guaranteed to be sat together as a couple travelling to our wedding destination (I checked with my TA). I feel robbed having to pay an extra £50 just to be sure, I think I would rather get there early as I'm only 20 mins from Manchester airport. Even then, the other seats may have been pre-booked which means we would be left with whatever was available!!What's the recommended time to arrive for check in for long haul?

Seriously though, we have booked premium seats with Thomas Cook and can't believe that we cannot be guaranteed to be sat together as a couple travelling to our wedding destination (I checked with my TA). I feel robbed having to pay an extra £50 just to be sure, I think I would rather get there early as I'm only 20 mins from Manchester airport. Even then, the other seats may have been pre-booked which means we would be left with whatever was available!!What's the recommended time to arrive for check in for long haul?

You only paid £50???

I paid £99 each person for March and that is only one way!!

You can pre book your seats on your cruise personaliser from 9th September, no idea how much this will cost but people are saying it may be £25 each (not sure if that is each way)

we will have a better idea on the 9th

I agree with you about the seating arrangment, once you have paid premium price you assume you will sit together, if you book Thomas cook flights to Canada you get to book your seats at time of booking (for a cost of £9 each person each way)

Why cant they do the same on the cruise flights!

Regards.

Lynn

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)

Crumb, the flight is only 9 hours, seriously though, I'm sure "the system" will allocate you seats together, someone knows you will be getting married and they'll make sure you're not disappointed.

I pity the poor cabins either side and below you for a fortnight, will they get ANY sleep? :o Don't worry about all the screaming, moaning and banging the oldies will enjoy reminissing :D

I hope that you've booked an additional cabin for the night before!

Where's the hen and stag parties? We'll be there just to watch all the party poopers, moaners, tutters & headshakers complain that it's just not P&O (you've already seen how easily they get wound up! ;))

Congratulations, I hope you have a wonderful cruise and honeymoon, I'll be able to spot you, but I won't be so easy to find LOL:D

No the £50 I was talking about would be for the 2 of us to guarantee the seats. I don't want to sound tight, I just like value for money!

Sorry I misunderstood, you would think the sitting together would be included in the premium price wouldn't you, just what will we be getting for the extra money!

Regards.

Lynn

People like you should not be able to join this site.

some people cant help being fat and some try really hard not to.

Jamiedog, some posts have been deleted and Smee's post is out of context, without defending him he's being sarcastic and comical to the other posts:)

Hi smee

I agree with you, hate it when someone else's stomach is sitting in my lap :)

last time I paid for premier seats the Airline upgraded a family of 6 very loud and uncontrollable chavs next to us and in front of us, I dont agree with upgrading people who have not paid for the privilege.

Lynn

I guess you have never had a P & O upgrade then? I presume that different though:cool:

Equality and Human Rights Commission states that regulation (EC) No. 1107/2006 says that an airline must make all reasonable efforts to arrange seating to meet the needs of disabled people without additional costs upon receipt of a request.

Well, who would have thought it!;) Guess we won't be kicking seats after all, and no booking fee either:eek: :D:D:D

dont want to upset you but my friends son and his wife went on honeymoon a couple of weeks ago with thomas cook,had paid extra for premium and were not sitting together,going or on their return journey,so to be honest you would have probably been better off not bothering as to be honest there is hardly any difference in the seat pitch etc,keep your fingers crossed,you may be lucky - hope so.we are going on the azura 21st jan and i never bother prebooking any seats and we fly long haul 3 times a year,always get to sit together in the cheap seats ha ha.good luck

dont want to upset you but my friends son and his wife went on honeymoon a couple of weeks ago with thomas cook,had paid extra for premium and were not sitting together,going or on their return journey,so to be honest you would have probably been better off not bothering as to be honest there is hardly any difference in the seat pitch etc,keep your fingers crossed,you may be lucky - hope so.we are going on the azura 21st jan and i never bother prebooking any seats and we fly long haul 3 times a year,always get to sit together in the cheap seats ha ha.good luck

I have been in cheap and premium seats and I agree there is not a lot of difference between them but when its a special occasion and it is not too much money then I still think the premium seats win.

But now we can pre book seats for £15 then it is worth peace of mind!

I would like to know however if I dont get to sit next to my Husband because the seats are already taken, if I can have my £198 back and book seats together in the cheap seats????

Regards

Lynn

I have been in cheap and premium seats and I agree there is not a lot of difference between them but when its a special occasion and it is not too much money then I still think the premium seats win.

But now we can pre book seats for £15 then it is worth peace of mind!

I would like to know however if I dont get to sit next to my Husband because the seats are already taken, if I can have my £198 back and book seats together in the cheap seats????

Regards

Lynn

Hi Lynn having booked premium seats for a Dec cruise I was concerned that we may not be seated together & thought about cancelling the premium seats. My T A phoned P & O and i was told normal P&O cancelation charges apply, so you the earlier you cancel the less you lose.

Of course if the plane is full you wouldn't have the option to change.

I have now now paid the extra to pre book my seats we didn't have any problem with this as very few people on our flight have pre booked.

It was worth the extra £50.00 not to be worrying about it.

Hi Lynn having booked premium seats for a Dec cruise I was concerned that we may not be seated together & thought about cancelling the premium seats. My T A phoned P & O and i was told normal P&O cancelation charges apply, so you the earlier you cancel the less you lose.

Of course if the plane is full you wouldn't have the option to change.

I have now now paid the extra to pre book my seats we didn't have any problem with this as very few people on our flight have pre booked.

It was worth the extra £50.00 not to be worrying about it.

Thank you for your advice, I know my cruise isnt until March and they say I cant book the seats until approx 12 weeks before but I will check every day just to make sure I can book them as soon as they are available :)

I must add however that if I dont get to sit with my Husband I may get to read my book in peace :)

Have a great Cruise!

Lynn

Not quite sure how this seat booking works but I presume that because there are 4 of us, 2 adults 2 kids, we would be together without pre-booking.

Not going to spend another £200 just to have a particular seat

You would have thought so but it's not the case! We have been told that 1 adult and 1 child would have to sit together but the other adult and child could be put anywhere. If the seats are 3 and 3 you would definately all not sit together and may not even be behind each other. Irrespective you will get someone else sat at one side of you on a 3 and 3 layout. It's £25 each return, so it's £100 not £200, but still alot of money to pay.

I've fallen into the trap. I couldn't risk not having our seats together. I have now paid to upgrade to premium and paid to reserve seats. The reason they squeeze every penny out of us is because people like me book them. I feel violated...........

I've fallen into the trap. I couldn't risk not having our seats together. I have now paid to upgrade to premium and paid to reserve seats. The reason they squeeze every penny out of us is because people like me book them. I feel violated...........

Ah, what's another few hundred quid? It's not like you've a wedding to pay for! :eek: add them to your gift list :D

Archived