My crazy breakfast search

Mysteryreader

Twice (China and Turkey) dh and I have been in regions where juice and cereal don't count as std breakfast fare. I'll skip the details, but the bottom line is I Love Veggies for Breakfast!! We were on Celebrity Infinity last yr which has an Asian breakfast buffet line. Sad to say: really disappointing. We're about to take a Caribbean Princess cruise.

My question is: is there an Asian breakfast option on CB?

M/R

Twice (China and Turkey) dh and I have been in regions where juice and cereal don't count as std breakfast fare. I'll skip the details, but the bottom line is I Love Veggies for Breakfast!! We were on Celebrity Infinity last yr which has an Asian breakfast buffet line. Sad to say: really disappointing. We're about to take a Caribbean Princess cruise.

My question is: is there an Asian breakfast option on CB?

M/R

I have seen lots of things offered on the breakfast buffet, but never an Asian breakfast buffet or Asia breakfast option in the dining room. But you can request it when you are seated in the dining room. They may not have it for you that morning, but they will do whatever it takes to accomodate you for the following morning, if they can.

On a couple of our cruises where there was a large segment of Asian passengers, there were a few items in the buffet such as veggie rice and different soups each day (altought most of the Asian passengers were enjoying eggs and bacon :)).

On other cruises there was nothing but the standard western breakfast fare.

On both of our Ruby TA's in 2009 and this spring there were a few Asian items on the breakfast buffet. If there is something specific you'd like you could always ask for it. There is a large Asian staff, and I'm sure the items are served in the crew mess so they may be able to get it for you. It doesn't hurt to ask.

On our last cruise one of the ladies at our table was eating a special diet, and she asked our waiter who was from Thailand if rice was available every day. He had a great sense of humor, and he gave her a shocked look, laughed out loud, and said, "Good heavens, yes. Without rice we would die!"

Last year on the Sapphire my wife found Asian breakfast items at the buffett on numerous occasions. The only thing i really remember was an Asian dumpling like soup she was crazy about. Im not much for soup..and especially not for breakfast but she loved it.

I seem to recall (fried) rice on almost all of my cruise buffet breakfasts. Nothing outside of that. When we did our transatlantic, I noticed more choices catering to British tastes (like stewed tomates and baked beans).

So it can certainly vary a bit regionally.

Archived