Sky 4 day MDR menu

steviek49

Hi Everyone,

My family will be taking our 5th NCL cruise in April, 2011.

We've been reading on these boards that there are "new" menus on NCL.

Some say there are fewer choices than b4.

Does anyone have a photo of a breakfast lunch and dinner menu from a recent Sky cruise.

This will help us decide whether to book some of the specialty restuarants.

Thanks for any and all assistance

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a photo of a breakfast lunch and dinner menu from a recent Sky cruise.

How about any Sky menu?

Or can someone give us an idea of what an average menu would have?

Does Sky have steak and chicken breast available at all meals (if nothing on the menu hits you right?)

Thanks,

These menus and food pics were taken on the JEWEL, however, I'm sure they are representative of what to expect on any NCL ship, rotation and certain items might not be available on the SKY, but its worth looking at.

All the ships have fish and chips and the spicy wings....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1230202

Sky also has steak and chicken as an alternative every night. We were on Sky in July, and checked out the daily MDR menu in the afternoon. There was always something of interest, so we never went to a specialty restaurant. The food was quite good!

We were on the Sky 4 day on 8/23 sailing.

Breakfast menu did not change from day to day. You can order omelets with different ingredients, scrambled, poached, boiled eggs. Eggs benedict (regular or salmon), smoked salmon, scottish kippers (excellent...but you WILL taste them all day....) pancakes, waffles, bacon, grilled ham, link sausage, bisquits with sausage gravy, cold cereals.....you get the idea.

Chicken, steak, salmon or pasta is available every night. I had steak and salmon on the last night and it was very good.

Food is one of the most subjective (and FLAMEable) subjects on CC but for my simple palate, I had no problems finding something on the menu I could not eat (sometimes twice). Only ate in the buffet once and that was because we wanted a freshly cooked burger.

That goes for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Palace MDR.

Enjoy the Sky but keep in mind that since this is a ship that rotates 2400 passengers twice a week (4800 total), it is more like a plow horse than a show horse. Still a very comfortable and fun ship as long as you keep that in perspective.

I spoke too soon! Just found some from March 2010. The link was posted in the roll call forum by alwalaska.

Here's hoping they haven't changed too much, there's lots I'd love to try next March!

Thanks everyone!

This was exactly what I was looking for and more.

Hi Everyone,

I didn't find a lot on the menu in the MDR that interest me. I usually choose the items that were available on a regular basis. The steak was kinda fatty but the "Grilled Farm House Chicken Breast" was always a winner.

DSCF1044.jpgDSCF1347.jpg Chicken Cordon Bleu (very good) DSCF1053.jpg Breakfast Buffet :p:D

IF you were to go to the dining room one night only. Other nights in specialty restaurants. Which was the best meal out of the 4 days?

I think the menus have changed some since our cruise in March, but based on our menus, I don't think one particular meal or night stood out. I really liked the strawberry souffle dessert, but that is the only thing that really stood out.

I think the menus have changed some since our cruise in March, but based on our menus, I don't think one particular meal or night stood out. I really liked the strawberry souffle dessert, but that is the only thing that really stood out.

The menu in the MDR's changes every day. I would check the menu at both MDR's before choosing. I found that the items available all the time were the best choice. :p:D

The menu in the MDR's changes every day. I would check the menu at both MDR's before choosing. I found that the items available all the time were the best choice. :p:D

I didn't realize the menus in the 2 dining rooms on the Sky were different. I thought both dining rooms had the same menu. Is this something new?

Archived