Oasis Balcony question

crbonfiber

This spreadsheet created by a CC'er should help you...look for your room number...then if you don't see yours look for one that is close. the reg balcony rooms are every other....bed by balcony, bed by bath, bed by balc...and on and on...

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

This spreadsheet created by a CC'er should help you...look for your room number...then if you don't see yours look for one that is close. the reg balcony rooms are every other....bed by balcony, bed by bath, bed by balc...and on and on...

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

Thank you!

I am curious (and obviously dumb); what exactly are you looking to determine?

We are on the Allure in Jan 2012 and have a D7 balcony cabin booked.

Thank you

Kathy:o

Look for a cabin number that is near yours: does it have the bed by the balcony or the bath? Now count every other til you get to your cabin number and that is the configuration you should have, because they alternate.

Another method is to look at a deckplan and find the nearest triple/quad cabin near yours and start counting every other cabin from there as all the triple/quad balcony cabins have the beds by the closet.

Personally, I would not worry too much about whether my bed is by the bath or by the balcony.

Honestly, there are pros and cons to both bed arrangements. And in my opinion, non of the "cons" are bad enough to worry about. I've been in both set ups and saw no true issues with either. I personally prefer the bed by bath, but only because I like having more open "living" space near my balcony.

Bed by bath

Oasis_Ocean_Balcony_3326.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_View_3593.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_Balcony_Cabin_3198.JPG

pros:

"living" area right next to balcony makes it nice for outdoor entertaining and makes "living" area and balcony area seem like one big space.

cons:

Hard to access one side of closet.

smaller "dressing" area near bathroom/closet.

Bed by balcony

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-picture-300x225.jpg

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-stateroom-picture-300x225.jpg

pros:

Cabin/bathroom/dressing area feels larger.

cons:

Access to balcony feels a little cramped since you have to walk around the foot of the bed to get in and out.

Cabin/balcony feels a bit compartmentalized.

One side of closet is hard to access.

Another method is to look at a deckplan and find the nearest triple/quad cabin near yours and start counting every other cabin from there as all the triple/quad balcony cabins have the beds by the closet.

Personally, I would not worry too much about whether my bed is by the bath or by the balcony.

Honestly, there are pros and cons to both bed arrangements. And in my opinion, non of the "cons" are bad enough to worry about. I've been in both set ups and saw no true issues with either. I personally prefer the bed by bath, but only because I like having more open "living" space near my balcony.

Bed by bath

Oasis_Ocean_Balcony_3326.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_View_3593.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_Balcony_Cabin_3198.JPG

pros:

"living" area right next to balcony makes it nice for outdoor entertaining and makes "living" area and balcony area seem like one big space.

cons:

Hard to access one side of closet.

smaller "dressing" area near bathroom/closet.

Bed by balcony

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-picture-300x225.jpg

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-stateroom-picture-300x225.jpg

pros:

Cabin/bathroom/dressing area feels larger.

cons:

Access to balcony feels a little cramped since you have to walk around the foot of the bed to get in and out.

Cabin/balcony feels a bit compartmentalized.

One side of closet is hard to access.

Thank you for the great pictures and explanations Bonnie.

Kathy:)

Archived