What to do with Kids/Toddlers in Nassau?

cruisnmom3

Hi all-I am cruising to Nassau in about a month-went there on a cruise once before just hubby and I and we went to Atlantis for the day. This time, we will have our three children with us and that would be cost prohibitive. We are doing beach days at our other two port stops-one is Carnival's private island and the other is in Grand Turk. trying to avoid a total beach day in Nassau-does anyone have any recommendations as to things to do besides the beach? Thanks

Hi all-I am cruising to Nassau in about a month-went there on a cruise once before just hubby and I and we went to Atlantis for the day. This time, we will have our three children with us and that would be cost prohibitive. We are doing beach days at our other two port stops-one is Carnival's private island and the other is in Grand Turk. trying to avoid a total beach day in Nassau-does anyone have any recommendations as to things to do besides the beach? Thanks

Why don't you just book a room at the Comfort Suites so you can get the Atlantis passes? We are doing this next month on our cruise and the room rate is only $173 and we get 4 passes for 2 days for our entire family. The excursion through the cruise line would have cost us over $300 for only 4 hours at Atlantis! What are the ages of your children?

Ok, I just looked up on the Comfort Suites website for the date you are going (10/6) and the rate is the same as our's, $173(not including taxes and other charges). Since you have 5 in your family and the room is only for 4 people you might have to buy an extra day pass for one child at Atlantis just depending on the age of your children. The child day pass is like $80 I think? Atlantis has the waterpark, beaches and Dig (aquarium) so I'm sure there will be plenty of things to do for you children.

Take them to the straw market to buy some silly souveniers, then back to the ship, where the pool will be almost your's alone! Using the ship on a port day is FABULOUS! It's virtually empty and will feel like your own, private yacht!

I think spending all that money to swim at a hotel, when the pool on the ship is there for you and already PAID for, is just silly! Especially, for 5 people!

Take them to the straw market to buy some silly souveniers, then back to the ship, where the pool will be almost your's alone! Using the ship on a port day is FABULOUS! It's virtually empty and will feel like your own, private yacht!

I think spending all that money to swim at a hotel, when the pool on the ship is there for you and already PAID for, is just silly! Especially, for 5 people!

Enjoying the water park in Atlantis and swimming in the ship's pool is like comparing apples and oranges. The water park is amazing. Having said that, a lot depends on the ages of the kids.

There's always Ardastra Zoo and Gardens.

They have the famous Marching Flamingos and a few times when you can hand feed some parrots.

We went there on our own (outside a cruise excursion) and had a very enjoyable time there with the kids.

We missed the marching flamingo show, but met the flamingo trainer, Joe, and he let the kids interact with the birds

dsc7104q.jpg

dsc7100.jpg

dsc7120h.jpg

Google their website, admission was really cheap... and the kids really enjoyed themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks everyone! Awesome advice...the kids are 7, 4 1/2, and 2

Your 2 year old is free at Atlantis. ;) So you could book that room at Comfort Suites (that's a great rate). Your 2 year old won't need a wristband once you get there.

What time do you arrive/depart in Nassau? Make sure it's not a short day.

How would you get here and how far would you have to travel from the dock? Im going to be going with a 16 month old time of cruise. Would this be something a 16 month would enjoy?

Its about a mile west of the pier -just follow the shoreline to Arawak Cay. But if your 16-month old is anything like ours, she would rather chase the flamingos than watch them, which would not make their handler a very happy man. Walk her through the straw market and let her marvel at the colors and the sights, and then take her back to the ship where she'll have the run of the kiddie pool and the Kids Klub. (On port days when all the older kids were supposed to all be ashore, the Kids Klub staff would let her in to climb on the equipment).

That does sound like a really good rate, way cheaper than what I was coming up with for our day in Nassau next week. But note this information that was on the website's homepage:

Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Energy surcharge: 12.95 per person per night. Housekeeping gratuities: 5.00 per person per night These are additional charges not included in nightly estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel. Persons 16 and older are charged as adults. 3rd/4th person charged 40.00 per night + tax and service charges.

Those extra charges look they will be about $70 for a room with four people. Up to $150 if your kids are 16 years or older!!

Read the fine print!

Hope this helps!:)

Archived