Official policy on booze

suzyed

So where do we find the Official policy on bringing on booze, wine, beer, etc. for Princess cruises?

In the Princess Cruise Answer book.

and the Princess website FAQ

We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption.

Alcoholic beverages sourced from shore-side and brought onboard, no matter where sourced, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

A member of the ship's security staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their alcoholic beverage purchases. The only exception to the above rule, is that passengers are permitted to bring one bottle of wine and/or champagne per person purchased in a shoreside location onboard. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the dining room for consumption, a $15.00 per bottle corkage fee will be applied to the passenger's shipboard account. We prefer that passengers bring wine/champagne no larger than 750ml, however, magnums are acceptable. Wine in a box is not encouraged.

Passengers are also permitted to consume the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of their stateroom only, but it may not be brought into any public lounge for consumption.

Please note that any wines and champagnes supplied from the ship's stock to passengers would not be subject to a corkage fee.

"Wine in a box is not encouraged".

Gotta say...Love this line. What is it supposed to mean? Don't glutton wine? :DDon't drink cheaper wine?:rolleyes: We can't charge corkage on box wine???:p. Just think it's fun...not illegal to bring it...but...????

"Wine in a box is not encouraged".

Gotta say...Love this line. What is it supposed to mean? Don't glutton wine? :DDon't drink cheaper wine?:rolleyes: We can't charge corkage on box wine???:p. Just think it's fun...not illegal to bring it...but...????

They are referring to bringing wine into the dining room. It would look real classy to take a box of wine and set it on your table wouldn't it?:eek:

Mike:)

In the Princess Cruise Answer book.

and the Princess website FAQ

We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption.

Alcoholic beverages sourced from shore-side and brought onboard, no matter where sourced, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

A member of the ship's security staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their alcoholic beverage purchases. The only exception to the above rule, is that passengers are permitted to bring one bottle of wine and/or champagne per person purchased in a shoreside location onboard. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the dining room for consumption, a $15.00 per bottle corkage fee will be applied to the passenger's shipboard account. We prefer that passengers bring wine/champagne no larger than 750ml, however, magnums are acceptable. Wine in a box is not encouraged.

Passengers are also permitted to consume the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of their stateroom only, but it may not be brought into any public lounge for consumption.

Please note that any wines and champagnes supplied from the ship's stock to passengers would not be subject to a corkage fee.

Thanks! I don't know why, but I had a hard time finding that. :)

So since we are in Venice the day we board the ship, we can each only bring on a bottle of wine each, right, or can we bring more on when we embark?

Then we spend a night in Venice on the ship, so we can bring another two bottles on the next day, right?

We brought a a box of wine on board in our suitcase, and it was not a problem. At dinner, when the mood struck us, we ordered wine from the ship's wine list.

The wine in the box was only for consumption in our cabin. It was a Chardonnay, and it was OK for sitting in our cabin and sipping at the end of the day.

Thanks! I don't know why, but I had a hard time finding that. :)

So since we are in Venice the day we board the ship, we can each only bring on a bottle of wine each, right, or can we bring more on when we embark?

Then we spend a night in Venice on the ship, so we can bring another two bottles on the next day, right?

You are right....

It is hidden, I finally had to type in alcohol in the search box. :rolleyes:

We brought a a box of wine on board in our suitcase, and it was not a problem. At dinner, when the mood struck us, we ordered wine from the ship's wine list.

The wine in the box was only for consumption in our cabin. It was a Chardonnay, and it was OK for sitting in our cabin and sipping at the end of the day.

I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with that.

Mike:)

I don't know why Princess would say this because they use boxed wine for the ship's free cocktail parties, even the most traveled cocktai party. They are discreet though, they fill a bottle from the box behind the bar before they fill the glass. How do I know?? I saw the bartender doing it. They do, however, use the high end "black box" wines.

Archived