Hotel suggestion for night before cruise Fort Lauderdale

califmamabear

Any suggestions for a hotel the night before our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale? Looking for one that has transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to pier the next day included. Free breakfast would also be very nice. If transfers are not included I know the fare from airport is reasonable but really looking for the easiest (and cheapest) way to the ship.

Any suggestions for a hotel the night before our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale? Looking for one that has transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to pier the next day included. Free breakfast would also be very nice. If transfers are not included I know the fare from airport is reasonable but really looking for the easiest (and cheapest) way to the ship.

The Renaissance and the Hilton Marina are across the street from the pier on 17th St.

They have a breakfast option, we paid $99 per night at the Renaissance and walked to the pier on embarkation day in July for the Emerald.

My son stayed at the Hilton for $99 with breakfast included 3 weeks ago when he was on the Emerald.

These were booked directly through the hotels websites.

The Embassy Suites 17th St is 2 blocks from the pier.

La quinta Airport FLL should fit the bill. We just booked it for Oct and the room was $64.55 a night. Free breakfast that includes HOT waffles you make yourself (very good). Free pickup at airport. Free shuttle to port....you can't beat it. Someone in my roll-call has stayed there before and says it is clean and nice. Hope this helps!

We've stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Dania Beach. It's not on the beach. There is one restaurant a short walk away and they have airport pickup and cruise ship drop off. Breakfast isn't free. I guess you'd have to weigh the cost of the room against the cost of the transfers. We stay at Marriott with points so it's a "no brainer" for us.

We'll be on the Crown for the Christmas cruise & booked 2 nights at the Reniassance for $116 per night that includes the $20 per night parking fee. This is a AAA rate.

There's an Einsteins nearby for breakfast. Budget car rental @ the Quay Plaza offers a free shuttle to the port. The hotel was renovated 2 years ago & I've always enjoyed my stay there. Considering its Christmas week this is an awesome rate.

Linda

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites. There was a free transfer from the airport, a free transport to the cruiseport and a good free breakfast. It's only a couple blocks away from both a Kmart and a Costco, so you can pick up any last minutes items, including that bottle of wine!

Linda, That is a great rate for the Reniassance--I am looking at booking it for the first part of Nov. and the rate on their website, for AAA, is almost double that. Would you mind sharing what site you booked through?

Thanks,

Pam

Pam I got the $116 rate 12/21-23 by calling the Marriott reservation number. I had been checking on the web site & it was $175. Maybe Xmas week is a slow time. But with the number of holiday cruises I was elated to gt this great rate that included the parking which is normally $40 for 2 nights.

Keep checking rates. You still have time.

Linda

At Stirling Road and I-95 south of the airport/cruise port is SpringHill Suites, Hyatt Summerfield Suites, Hyatt Place-FLL South, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and Comfort Inn. All except for HGI have breakfast, all have airport shuttles and I think all will shuttle you to the port for free, but if they don't the shuttle is $8 per person.

I would try priceline, we have rented a car from Budget and got the Renaissance in plantation for 65.00 a night, no charge for parking and we will use the budget drop off on 17th street as they provide a shuttle to the pier. This is for early Jan 1/5 -1/7.

Pete

ColoCruiser---We'll have too much baggage to walk to the pier from the Renaissance. If it's so close will a taxi be willing to take us there?

There are a couple of different Renaissance hotels, the close one I am sure, the one in plantation is about 20 minutes or so away from the cruise port but as I mentieond we are renting a car, and the price was outstanding . We turn the car in on 17th street and they have a shuttle just a few minute ride to the pier. We have stayed in plantation before fantastic

Just an option of course

Pete

There are a couple of different Renaissance hotels, the close one I am sure, the one in plantation is about 20 minutes or so away from the cruise port but as I mentieond we are renting a car, and the price was outstanding . We turn the car in on 17th street and they have a shuttle just a few minute ride to the pier. We have stayed in plantation before fantastic

Just an option of course

Pete

The Renaissance is on 17th Street right across from the port entrance.

It still comes down to price IMHO where I can get a great deal through priceline with a rental car and in most cases be ahead of what it costs to stay on 17th st, unlike years ago you would get the great deals through priceline Embassy suite was always a fantastic deal

Pete

It still comes down to price IMHO where I can get a great deal through priceline with a rental car and in most cases be ahead of what it costs to stay on 17th st, unlike years ago you would get the great deals through priceline Embassy suite was always a fantastic deal

Pete

Pete...

Do you usually cruise on the cheapest cruise line and book the cheapest inside cabins?

Pete...

Do you usually cruise on the cheapest cruise line and book the cheapest inside cabins?

Sea Dog, nope but why spend twice the amount when I can stay a bit further out for a short stay, use to stay in FLL pre cruise as the price point has changed i have migrated a bit further out. But I also like to take vacations and am not one of these folks that say well I am on vacation there fore I have an unlimited resource for money. You have had good postings and found your response not in context with the way I had responded, as I stated it was my opinon had nothing to do with the spending of an individual.

Archived