LIVE from the FREEDOM of the SEAS, Sailing 5 Sep 2010

Trainman-2

Trainman -

I really admire your courage and strength. Your lovely wife must have been looking down on you so proud. You are really an inspiration.

I will look forward to reading of your new cruising adventures, and all of the new friends you meet. We will be taking a family cruise in November and I will have a little toast to you and Carol. I will also look for your angel in the waves as I watch the wake go by.

I have only just heard about this cruise report today....it was actually mentioned on the Seabourn board. I have read right through the whole 26 pages this morning...what a great tribute to your wife. I can only imagine how difficult a lot of this cruise would have been for you. I hope your next cruise is a lot "happier" for you. Best wishes for the future from Granny Downunder!

I must admit there is one photo you posted that made me feel quite ill!! "Biscuits and Gravy" :eek: I have never been able to understand anyones liking for that!!! Almost as bad as grits!! ....now watch all the "Southerners" jump on me!! :D You really should think about a trip down here and try the wombat burgers and koala on a stick!! Now thats good tucker! ;)

Trainman - Glad you're home safe and sound. As many have already said, THANKS for sharing your cruise with us. I'm looking forward to sailing on the Freedom in less than 3 weeks. I'm also looking forward to your next "Live From..." report.

And yes, I too thought the dolphin photo was priceless.

Thanks again.

I promised some more "stuff" and here is the first bit.

A HD Video from my new camera (that I am still figuring out) of the waves below my balcony on Deck 9. This one turned out "OK" because the ship was moving with the wind so there is very little wind noise to drown our the wave noise. HD Videos take forever to upload!

I hope you enjoy it and perhaps it will help some of you who are between cruises. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ceipCPAdk

Trainman, I have never met you, but I feel like I have known you forever. Thank you for taking me on this wonderful journey and the wonderful tribute to Carol. I am also on the Allure in January and if you are on the one the week of the 16th, I would love to meet you. Enjoy your puppies today. God bless you.

The parties were still going strong when I left my cabin at about 5 pm. Back On Board Time was 6:30 while I was in the MDR so I don't know if there were any runners or not.

DSCN0725.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

I can answer that question for you Trainman as I was watching all the action from my balcony. Their were a few runners & bunch of drunks that showed up a few minutes late. They were very loud & they were trying to finish their drinks by the gangway instead of pouring them out. A couple of them were staggering around bumping into the rails & podium. There was a tour boat that was about 5 minutes late getting to the dock & those passengers then boarded. They still did not pull the gangway & I could hear the word "taxi" coming from the radios on the pier. At 6:50 (20 mins. past all aboard) a taxi van drove onto the pier & all the way to the gangway. A lady in a white bikini jumped out frantically searching for her seapass card & then ran up the gangway. She is a very lucky lady & the captain mentioned it is his announcement a little later.

We did have a few brief conversations during the week & I just wanted to say that it was an honor & a privilege to sail with you. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Chris & Lisa

Here are my table mates that I hooked up with (finally) in the MDR. It is no fun Dining Alone.

Cindy, Dave, Julie, & Stewart

They had extra copies of the photos made for me and slipped them under my door late Saturday night.

Thanks guys for a great time.

FreedomoftheSeas003.jpg

FreedomoftheSeas002.jpg

Here are my table mates that I hooked up with (finally) in the MDR. It is no fun Dining Alone.

Cindy, Dave, Julie, & Stewart

They had extra copies of the photos made for me and slipped them under my door late Saturday night.

Thanks guys for a great time.

FreedomoftheSeas003.jpg

FreedomoftheSeas002.jpg

What a lovely momento for you to have of you finally getting nice tablemates...

Can someone design a 'Friend of Trainman' logo? I hereby promise to recreate a plate of food as pictured by Trainman and post it on CC.

4985252120_993ef1d479_z.jpg

I'm sure someone can do something much more fancy but for the moment... this is fitting I think lol ;):D

Edited by Beth C

4985252120_993ef1d479_z.jpg

I'm sure someone can do something much more fancy but for the moment... this is fitting I think lol ;):D

Beth, I love it but where is Jim's bread pudding:confused: After reading this thread I would be happy to not only meet Jim but anyone else who posted such compassionate, poignant posts.

You are one amazing guy, Trainman, to share this journey that both you and Carol have completed. Rest in Peace, Carol. Will think of "you" every time we set sail on the high seas!

And, now, we anxiously await your next adventure on THE ALLURE!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it in January!!!! Take care, Jim, and give your pups a X and O for all of us!!

And now it is time for me to close out this thread and bring it to an end.

I really, really appreciate all of your sympathy and support.

So I will say goodbye to all of you here on Cruise Critic but I will return in January posting Live from the Allure.

And a special goodbye to Carol.

Carol-05.jpg

"In sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, 'til death do us part."

DSCN6949.jpg

Thanks for tuning in my friends...

And now it is time for me to close out this thread and bring it to an end.

I really, really appreciate all of your sympathy and support.

So I will say goodbye to all of you here on Cruise Critic but I will return in January posting Live from the Allure.

And a special goodbye to Carol.

Carol-05.jpg

"In sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, 'til death do us part."

DSCN6949.jpg

Thanks for tuning in my friends...

Goodbye sweet Carol.