Comment Cards - no more

KenNBarbie

Just off Conquest (8/29 sailing) and wanted to let you know, that they no longer distribute or use the Comment Cards. We asked at GSD (as Platinum) and were told to go on-line, but offered no further instructions.

After years of hearing the CD's (including John) say how important the Comment Cards were, I feel cheated and disappointed that they no longer care enough to use the old tried and true method of getting customer feedback.

I will wade through the CCL website maze and give them "an ear full" to be sure.

Just off Conquest (8/29 sailing) and wanted to let you know, that they no longer distribute or use the Comment Cards. We asked at GSD (as Platinum) and were told to go on-line, but offered no further instructions.

After years of hearing the CD's (including John) say how important the Comment Cards were, I feel cheated and disappointed that they no longer care enough to use the old tried and true method of getting customer feedback.

I will wade through the CCL website maze and give them "an ear full" to be sure.

As long as there is a venue to express myself...I don't care if it is on paper or on line.

If I were to guess of the reason why they stopped passing them out. I would say the cost of printing and then the fact that a whole lot of people just throw them away. We have always filled them out and you might do the same, but listen to how a lot of people talk on the site. Their on vacation and don't want to be bothered. Anyway with the way thing and companies are going now I would say that cost is the reason.

As I recall from one of John's recent blogs, each ship will continue

to use the comment cards until the supply on the ship is exhausted.

Found this from August 26th blog -

Well, now to the comment card which as of this coming week is gone. I hated…..yes hated …….. the exceed, met expectations stuff specifically for the reasons you mentioned. Most of the ships have depleted their inventories of comment cards and then they will be no more. That means that very soon we will be implementing a different way to gauge your comments post-cruise. You will be asked to give honest opinions based on direct but simple questions which I think everyone will agree is a much better system. We’re developing a much better system and as I have said before here on the blog, me and my fellow CD’s had manipulated somewhat the marking of the old card system. That will not happen anymore.

Looks like it will be online only for now.

Not everyone has a computer or the wherewithal to navigate Carn-evil's new site....;)

They were handed out on the Elation a couple of weeks ago.....

but I can see where this would save some "trees"....LOL

As I recall from one of John's recent blogs, each ship will continue

to use the comment cards until the supply on the ship is exhausted.

Found this from August 26th blog -

Well, now to the comment card which as of this coming week is gone. I hated…..yes hated …….. the exceed, met expectations stuff specifically for the reasons you mentioned. Most of the ships have depleted their inventories of comment cards and then they will be no more. That means that very soon we will be implementing a different way to gauge your comments post-cruise. You will be asked to give honest opinions based on direct but simple questions which I think everyone will agree is a much better system. We’re developing a much better system and as I have said before here on the blog, me and my fellow CD’s had manipulated somewhat the marking of the old card system. That will not happen anymore.

Looks like it will be online only for now.

I used to really hate it when the CD's would insist that you mark everything "EXCEEDS" expectations. While I really like Carnival, I know what my expectations are and it takes a lot to exceed those expectations. I alway felt manipulated but filled the cards out as truthfully as I could.

I guess this also means no more drawing for a free cruise the morning of departure?

There were none on our August 9 cruise.

I have gotten in the habit of e-mailing Carnival and praising noteworthy employees (and there are many) by name.

I have always received a personal reply ensuring that employees direct supervisors would be notified.

I guess e-comments will be the norm for the future.

[quote name=I

I guess this also means no more drawing for a free cruise the morning of departure?[/quote]

After returning home from my last two cruises- I've had an email from Carnival asking me to complete a survey extremely comparable to the former comment card. The email states that I have twelve days to complete and send back to be entered in that month's drawing for a free cruise.

After returning home from my last two cruises- I've had an email from Carnival asking me to complete a survey extremely comparable to the former comment card. The email states that I have twelve days to complete and send back to be entered in that month's drawing for a free cruise.

I was hoping that would be the case even though I doubt I'd ever win a free cruise! :(

After reading the OPs thread I emailed John Heald about this and here's his response...

Nope they are correct mate. The paper comment cards are no more. I will be writing about this on the blog this coming week

Cheers

]

There ya' go! We'll hear more soon!

:)

After reading the OPs thread I emailed John Heald about this and here's his response...

Nope they are correct mate. The paper comment cards are no more. I will be writing about this on the blog this coming week

Cheers

]

There ya' go! We'll hear more soon!

Hope they set up an area for it. I went hunting on their site and couldn't find one. I looked at the "OP's" post and noticed they were told to do it online....:confused:

Hope they set it up as a check off on the list like the cards not just a comment section type of thing...

Hope they set up an area for it. I went hunting on their site and couldn't find one. I looked at the "OP's" post and noticed they were told to do it online....:confused:

Hope they set it up as a check off on the list like the cards not just a comment section type of thing...

Pehaps it'll be via email.

I suspect the response percentage would be greater than the comment cards...

We got an e-mail thanking us for sailing and wanting our opinion..We were on the Paradise last weekend and received this yesterday, however only for the first guest (my BF). I didn't get one, I was listed as #2.

Thank you for sailing with us. We hope you had a "funtastic" time aboard the Carnival Paradise.

Everyone at Carnival Cruise Lines works very hard to create the ultimate vacation experience. As a valued Carnival guest, your feedback is extremely important to our success - It gives us insight into what you feel are essential components to a fun-filled, carefree, and memorable vacation.

Please, take a moment to tell us about your cruise experience. This feedback aids in our efforts to create "vacations of a lifetime." And oh yeah, just to show you how much we appreciate your feedback, your returned survey will automatically be entered in a drawing for a FREE* 7 day Carnival cruise.

I have a feeling that most comment cards that people fill out go by way of the traditional letters to Santa , most not ever being read . As , IMO , I believe the ones online will be sorted thru using keywords and such to disseminate good from bad .

Trying not to give too much away but I'm sure that our more experienced cruisers are gonna be pleased with the change!!!

Trying not to give too much away but I'm sure that our more experienced cruisers are gonna be pleased with the change!!!

It was kind of like a rating on the comment cards...Very poor-excellent. There was an area at the end to type in your additional comments

IT STATES IN THE RULES: Selection of Winner: A monthly Winner will be determined in a random drawing of all eligible entries on the fifth business day of each month from among all entries received between 12:00:01 a.m. EST of the first day of the month immediately preceding and no later than 11:59:59 p.m. EST of the last day of the month immediately preceding. By way of example, a drawing held on the fifth business day in May would include all entries received during the month of April. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects.

I thought they use to give one frome each cruise...or had they done away with that???

Archived