Dawn Spa Thermal Loungers

VUCruiser

I have searched the forum a bit on this and it appears that the Dawn's spa does NOT have heated ceramic thermal loungers, though some posts reference loungers in a heated hot tub. Would love some clarification. The ceramic loungers (out of water) would seem like a wonderful part of the spa but if not available on the Dawn, we might reconsider buying a pass. Confirmation on the loungers would be great. Also, price for a 12 day? I saw prices for 7 day ($99) and 9 day ($120). would there be a incremental increase for the 12 day? any increased likelihood of day passes being available on longer trips?

many thanks!

I have searched the forum a bit on this and it appears that the Dawn's spa does NOT have heated ceramic thermal loungers, though some posts reference loungers in a heated hot tub. Would love some clarification. The ceramic loungers (out of water) would seem like a wonderful part of the spa but if not available on the Dawn, we might reconsider buying a pass. Confirmation on the loungers would be great. Also, price for a 12 day? I saw prices for 7 day ($99) and 9 day ($120). would there be a incremental increase for the 12 day? any increased likelihood of day passes being available on longer trips?

many thanks!

I'm so glad you asked this as we just booked a trip on the Dawn 2 days ago and was just telling DH how it's going to be great as we are in an AE on the stern of the ship which is right below the spa. But the heated loungers are my absolute favorite part of the spa and like you not sure I would buy one without having these. They do wonders for both of us :) as we both have arthritis.:(

I have read that the Dawn does not have the heated tile loungers like the Gem, Pearl and Jewel. From the photos that I have seen, they have padded lounge chairs with views. They also have hot tubs with seats.

I think that I am going to get the spa pass, even without the tile loungers--depending on the cost.

Kim

OP...there are not heated tile loungers on the Dawn. What is referred to is a large hot tub/hydrotherapy pool, that has ceramic rollers that you can lay on and enjoy the heated jets...I enjoy this each time on the Dawn...but would also like to try the famous heated loungers!

My wife and I bought a couple's spa pass ($165) on our recent Dawn 7-day sailing and I would recommend it.

Confirming what njhorseman and dlm615 said. The Dawn's spa has unheated wooden loungers with a gorgeous view over the stern of the ship. It also has male/female quiet relaxation rooms with upholstered chairs and the same view. And a fairly large indoor pool that wasn't crowded at all.

There are robes, juice, tea, and plenty of towels.

The men's thermal suite has sauna/steam rooms, showers, hydromassage showers and a pair of Japanese plunge baths (hot and ice cold). The cold bath is a real shocker when you dip. :) According to my wife, the women's thermal suite is similar except it does not have the plunge baths.

I really enjoyed the Dawn's spa on our 7-day sailing. Made for a quiet, uncrowded retreat that helped me relax on busy days.

Archived