Celebrity /Royal Points?

Sue L

I think I know the answer but just want to double check.

I am taking my first Celebrity cruise this weekend on the Solstice (so excited). I am Platinum on Royal with 8 points, so I will be Select on Celebrity. I assume I will start at a Select level of 5 points? Is this correct?

I am staying in a Concierge level room so I will get two points, correct?

Ok so then to move to elite I will have to earn 10 points?

Ten points on Celebrity OR 10 points on Royal to be Elite and/or Diamond on both lines.

Cruise credits are accrued only on the line you sail on, but you get recprocal benefits.

Ten points on Celebrity OR 10 points on Royal to be Elite and/or Diamond on both lines.

Cruise credits are accrued only on the line you sail on, but you get recprocal benefits.

that I realize, I have 8 on RCCL. What I am confused about is to reach select you have to have 5 points and then elite is 10, so now coming in as a Select do I start from scratch at 0 or do I start at 5 ?

that I realize, I have 8 on RCCL. What I am confused about is to reach select you have to have 5 points and then elite is 10, so now coming in as a Select do I start from scratch at 0 or do I start at 5 ?

You start from scratch to build your cruise credits. The credits are not combinable. You will need 10 accrued credits on either line to reach Elite/Diamond.

This is what happened to us.

We are Diamond on Royal with 21 credits.

We have taken two Celebrity cruises, a one week on Solstice and a two week on Infinity. We were in Sky Suites both times, we were awarded 2 points for the one week cruise, and 3 points for the 2 week cruise.

We received a mailing from Celebrity, which stated that we had 15 points.

So, when we were given Elite status on Celebrity, we were credited with 10 points to start. We have received an additional 5 points (from the two Celebrity cruises) for a total of 15; as stated in the mailing we received.

Hypo

We have taken two Celebrity cruises, a one week on Solstice and a two week on Infinity. We were in Sky Suites both times, we were awarded 2 points for the one week cruise, and 3 points for the 2 week cruise.

So, when we were given Elite status on Celebrity, we were credited with 10 points to start. We have received an additional 5 points (from the two Celebrity cruises) for a total of 15; as stated in the mailing we received.

Hypo

Thanks..that make's sense.

Hypo

that is what I thought would happen, hopefully it works that way.

that is what I thought would happen, hopefully it works that way.

It must be something new.I recently got a email from Royal saying I have nine points after only 3 cruises(4 points) with Royal after sailing with Celebrity 4 times equaling 5 points .I was always under the understanding that they were not conbinable.So now I guessing my next cruise with RCCL will equal Diamond but not sure if I'll reach Elite with Celebrity if I sail with them next.

:cj

Hi the same thing has just been confirmed to me. We have 9 credits with RCI and have just booked Eclipse for july 2011, c3 class and have been told that we start from scratch with Celebrity. Ahh well thats the way the cookie crumbles..:rolleyes:

With 9 credits on RCCL, you are Platinum. That equates to "Select" on Celebrity. They are correct that your cruises on Celebrity will start at 0, however, you still will be "Select" in Captain's Club. Just call Captain's Club at Celebrity, give them your RCCL Crown & Anchor numbers and they will issue your new Celebrity credentials and your Captain's Club numbers. It is not done automatically, you must call them!

Hypo

Archived