Making a 12:55pm flight in Miami...

booboo925

Good morning all!

We are booked on the Glory in April, and are now looking at flights. One option is a 12:55 flight out of Miami.

Question - will we be able to make this with self debark? I cannot for the life of me remember how the debark was in Miami - it seems so long ago!

Any advice on how to do this as smoothly as possible? It will be my 12 year old daughter, her best friend and sister, their Mom and Me. I don't want to lose them in the madness, as they are first time cruisers.

Thanks in advance!

LA

It's certainly possible. We've pulled off early flights like that with little hassle.

BUT it is a risk....although 12:55 would only be a minimal risk.

Personally, I wouldn't stress out a first timer with an earlly flight, though.

Can you book a later flight and take a ship sponsored Miami excursion to kill the time until your flight? We did that once and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I have flown before noon from Miami four times now. I have always gotten there very early (before 9:00). I live in Atlanta and always book the 11:30 flight back. I did this just last week. Of course, I use self disembarkation but I still would have gotten there on time if I used the zones. Last time I used the VIP since I am Platinum.

There is a small chance of a full customs clearance. If that happens then I am not sure how long it would take. If you have the time to spare then the Miami excursions are alright. I have done the Everglades tour before. The set-up itself was a bit cheesy, but the Everglades are majestic and beautiful. I enjoyed the air boat tour.

I think you should be fine. Chances are good.

We've had experiences that have varied greatly...first cruise we booked 2:30 flight and did traditional debarkation. The ship ended up having Customs issues and I had to call and get us on a 4:00 flight because we would have missed the 2:30.

Second time I booked a 4:30 flight, we did self-debarkation and were outside the terminal by 8:30 a.m. Thankfully we had booked a car and driver for the day and he took us around South Beach and such.

Last time we booked a 12:30 flight, did the Luggage Express and were to the airport before 10. It was perfect. We plan on doing this again, as I have a 12:40 flight booked.

You should be able to make your flight w/ no problem. The airport is only about a 15 min cab ride from the port.

I would suggest you use the Luggage Express option if your airline offers it.

Well worth the additional $25 we paid to use it. Your baggage gets picked up outside your door night before you debark, it's taken to the airport and sent on to your final destination.

You get special tags from your room steward, put your bags outside your door

the night before your leaving. It was great DH and I (and just one large tote bag)were off the ship and through customs by 9am (after docking at 8) and at the airport shortly thereafter.

It was so nice to have to wait to pick up your baggage before you went through Customs. No luggage to hassel w/ at the airport. Since we were flying directly home from Miami we figured even if they misplaced one of our bags and it took awhile to get it back it wouldn't matter anyway since we would be back at our house and would have plenty of clothes there.

We had a 12:15 booked last January and had no issue. We also used luggage express and it was wonderful, and we'll be using it again this January as well. If on the off chance there are customs issues, you'll have to rebook but the chances of it happening are pretty minimal. Just go into it knowing it may be a possibility, even though an unlikely one, and you'll be very pleased when all goes smoothly. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you all :D I truly appreciate the responses!

I am definitely going to look into the Luggage Express idea. Sounds like a no-brainer to me! Is there a list or a site I should look at to find out which airlines use it?

Thanks again everyone!

LA

Good morning all!

We are booked on the Glory in April, and are now looking at flights. One option is a 12:55 flight out of Miami.

Question - will we be able to make this with self debark? I cannot for the life of me remember how the debark was in Miami - it seems so long ago!

Any advice on how to do this as smoothly as possible? It will be my 12 year old daughter, her best friend and sister, their Mom and Me. I don't want to lose them in the madness, as they are first time cruisers.

Thanks in advance!

LA

Out of MIA you can make this doing regular disembarkation and being the last ones off the ship. With a flight this late you can count on at least 3 hours at the airport.

Both cruises coming in to Miami we were at the airport before 9am. In fact, in July this year, we got on an earlier flight & were back home in DFW by lunchtime! The 1st time, there were 5 of us, so we played cards in the airport until time for our 1pm flight.

12:45?

I would be looking for a flight out of Miami at about 10:45, the airport is so close to the port its not a problem at all. We drove from Miami to Orlando after our cruise and I think we were almost in Orlando by 12:45. Thats not a problem at all.

Good morning all!

Thanks in advance!

LA

You are talking right in the middle of spring break!!!!! Book a later flight, just to be on the safe side..Have a wonderful cruise!!

Archived