Just Back from Ventura

Shellzbellz

Just came back from Ventura and had an absolutely brilliant time. I was a bit concerned because of some of the poor reviews I'd read beforehand but we didn't have any problems. We have 3 kids aged 15 months, 9 years and 11 years and the older ones loved the kids club. We had 4 in our cabin and found it fine as long as you kept it tidy (which was a challenge with 3 kids!) We only did 2 ship tours - Pisa/Florence and Rome (on your own). We were travelling with my mother-in-law who uses a wheelchair and found the ship to be very accessible. The staff were on the whole very lovely and the cabin steward did a fantastic job.

Would definitely sail on Ventura again. I'm happy to answer any questions.

There are never enough hangers provided.

If you have enough space in your suitcase then take hangers wth you -dry cleaners plastic ones are ideal. If not then ask your cabin steward for them when he introduces himself to you.

He will give you a dozen wire hangers - not ideal as clothes slip off them.

Caryl

Hi Shellzbellz,

Glad to hear you enjoyed Ventura. I'll be taking my first P&O cruise on her next month.:)

One thing I can't seem to get an answer to: is the shampoo/conditioner replenished throughout the cruise or do I need to take it with me?

If you run out of anything in the room simply ask the steward, they are more than willing to earn their tips.

Only issue with wheelchairs is the size of the lifts - you'll only get one in, so you may have a wait if is already occupied.

The main bank of four lifts in the centre of the ship is very wide. If you stand at one side it may take time to get to the opposite end if this arrives first and you may miss it. Stand in the middle and keep your options open!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am on Ventura in October with two kids, A deck inside cabin as not wishing to look outside really and see the sea moving!! No sea legs. Were you in an inside one too with the 4 of you? Was it ok for the 4 of you? One question - if you are on the bottom bed the side of TV and the top bunk down, can you see TV still?

Cheers

Karen

Regarding wardrobes and hangers, all cabin grades have large walk-in wardrobes with about 10 hangers each - so about 20, not enough for me, thats for sure, i pack some of clothes with hangers and that seems to sort problem, although I cruise from Southampton and don't have weight restrictions to worry about (though plastic hangers shouldn't cause a problem)

Here are some photos of Ventura, inc the walk-in wardrobes ;

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245864955322613842

Free toiletries in cabins:

The complimentary toiletries are 'The White Company 'shampoo and conditioner. Personally I would take my favourite conditioner as having your hair 'behave' is very important to us ladies, especially on formal nights with everyone dressed up nicely,and after a day at sea or in a hot country your hair will be crying out for good conditioner and i always take one the works well for me, not risk a unknown brand. There is also a very nice shower gel attached to he shower so no need to take that. Or any towels atall as pool and bath towels are readily available every day.

We had the cabin in photo 9, a balcony stateroom on A deck.

In photo 7 I believe is a D or E deck deluxe balcony cabin as the balcony has a table and chairs, we only had 2 chairs and a small drinks table. The balconies on D and E are nice but are overlooked by the decks above. If you don't mind people observing you sunbathing etc then they are bigger and quite nice.

This is my view from A deck while out on the balcony looking down, as you see you can see D & E decks balconies quite clearly as they are stepped-out.

p9120174.jpg

Archived