What else to do in belize besides cavetubing?

kema1987

We have been there 2 times and if you leave the port area it gets pretty crazy outside the gates.The people are real pushy and we got offered drugs 2 times...Its pretty scary outside the gates.My wife has real long hair and the women were pulling her hair and kept asking her to get it braided.Another guy had a black shot glass and he kept asking me if i wanted to buy it and inside it was a bag of cocaine and there was another guy on the street that had a piece of leather that had Belieze on it but had a bag of weed in his hand under the leather.Please be careful and watch what you buy and dont bring kids outside the gates of the port.I am sure you would be fine but be careful!

Although everyone does talk about the cavetubing... Belize sports the second largest barrier reef in the world to snorkle/dive. There are also some amazing Mayan Ruins to tour inland if you don't mind a bit of sightseeing drive... Anything outside of Belize city is nice and the people are great.

We like the Mayan ruins there. We did Altun Ha and the Rio Wallace our first time in Belize. This past time on our Dream cruise we did the ruins called Xuxantunich (sp?). These were fabulous and quite a challenge to climb. We celebrated our success with a few Belikin beers - YUM :D

DSC02066.jpg.4dfe0e1a504a20895d38f0320310e790.jpg

DSC02079.jpg.466c73069a66321182eef3ba2682b0de.jpg

DSC02082.jpg.76d33d90daeb2591c759a27ead099196.jpg

Is there anything else to do in Belize besides cave tubing? We like to snorkel and do sporty things. Already did the ruins...:)

I highly recommend the Land Rover & Cave Expedition! See link below. Well worth the $90-100pp.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?region=CW&portcode=BZE&excursionname=Land+Rover+%26+Cave+Expedition&excursioncode=509027

We have been there 2 times and if you leave the port area it gets pretty crazy outside the gates.The people are real pushy and we got offered drugs 2 times...Its pretty scary outside the gates.My wife has real long hair and the women were pulling her hair and kept asking her to get it braided.Another guy had a black shot glass and he kept asking me if i wanted to buy it and inside it was a bag of cocaine and there was another guy on the street that had a piece of leather that had Belieze on it but had a bag of weed in his hand under the leather.Please be careful and watch what you buy and dont bring kids outside the gates of the port.I am sure you would be fine but be careful!

With that, this is an even more reason to do an excursion through the cruise ship. From all the ports I've gone to, granted hasn't been a ton, this is the one port you don't want to stay on the ship because of the above, but take an excursion via the ship.

Is there anything else to do in Belize besides cave tubing? We like to snorkel and do sporty things. Already did the ruins...:)

You could take a public water taxi from the tender pier over to Caye Caulker. They are inexpensive and the island has excellent snorkeling.

If you do this plan ahead and understand the schedule since it is about a 45 minute boat ride, and then there is the tender ride back to the ship.

We did this and really enjoyed getting away while in Belize! It's an awesome place if you can get away from the cruise tours and crowds!

Thanks for all the suggestions...there seems to be more options than I originally thought for Belize. I had heard Belize wasn't exactly a safe place to hang around. Probably a ship sponsored excursion would be best.:rolleyes:

Archived