Here is my album of our Alaska 7/10/10 cruise

CALMOM

Oh, prepare yourself to be spoiled. I would cruise to Alaska every year if I could afford it. You will have a very difficult time, finding another cruise to compare to Alaska. In July, you should about perfect weather, as you can, in Alaska. I don't know which itinerary your are doing but try to spend a couple of days in Anchorage and Vancouver, if that is your itinerary. You will see the most amazing scenery and wildlife. If you have any questions, please ask away.

Hi,

We'll be doing the Seattle, Inside, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria back to Seattle next July. One issue that we're having a tough time to get a handle on, is what clothes to pack. Don't want to bring a lot of gear but, don't want to be missing stuff we would need. I know from reading posts here, that we should dress in layers. We do want to do the Dog-Sledding. Thanks for your input.

First of all, Calmom, your book is beautiful. I didn't know about the option of ordering a photo book on the cruise or would have done so. I'm doing our from scratch on Kodak. I'm sure it's too late to get the book through Princess! Kodak only offers 80 page books. We loved the cruise!

Hi,

We'll be doing the Seattle, Inside, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria back to Seattle next July. One issue that we're having a tough time to get a handle on, is what clothes to pack. Don't want to bring a lot of gear but, don't want to be missing stuff we would need. I know from reading posts here, that we should dress in layers. We do want to do the Dog-Sledding. Thanks for your input.

We were on the same cruise as Calmom. Packing was our hardest obstacle also and we did take about twice as many clothes as we needed. The coldest excursion was when we did the helicopter ride up to the top of a glacier and went dog sledding (Skagway) - also the most exciting! It was freezing up there. Definitely dress in layers. I wore long winter underwear under my pants, sock liners, socks, long sleeve pull over shirt, zip up sweater, warm jacket with a hood, knit hat, and gloves - with all those clothes I was comfortable! We got to ride in a SnowCat there as a bonus. We were given a chance to not only ride in the dog sled but an opportunity to drive it. Fun and well worth all the money.

Other than that, the only time it was cold was when we were close to the glaciers.

First of all, Calmom, your book is beautiful. I didn't know about the option of ordering a photo book on the cruise or would have done so. I'm doing our from scratch on Kodak. I'm sure it's too late to get the book through Princess! Kodak only offers 80 page books. We loved the cruise!

We were on the same cruise as Calmom. Packing was our hardest obstacle also and we did take about twice as many clothes as we needed. The coldest excursion was when we did the helicopter ride up to the top of a glacier and went dog sledding (Skagway) - also the most exciting! It was freezing up there. Definitely dress in layers. I wore long winter underwear under my pants, sock liners, socks, long sleeve pull over shirt, zip up sweater, warm jacket with a hood, knit hat, and gloves - with all those clothes I was comfortable! We got to ride in a SnowCat there as a bonus. We were given a chance to not only ride in the dog sled but an opportunity to drive it. Fun and well worth all the money.

Other than that, the only time it was cold was when we were close to the glaciers.

I agree with the clothes, too. Layers and water proof jacket is the key. We were very lucky to have such great weather, considering Alaska has the most unpredictable weather anywhere.

Great talking to you again, I sure wish we were still on the Diamond in Alaska. Do you have any upcoming cruises? We are doing the Hawaii 14 day on the Golden in March 2012. We are staying in a mini this time, the last one on Emerald deck, suppose to be a great mini choice. I'm doing a quick 3 day scrapbook cruise in March 2011. DH and I are planning on a Mediterranean cruise in 2013. I wanted to go back to Alaska again in 2011 but he wants a change, so away we go to Hawaii.

Calmom, the cruise on the Diamond Princess was wonderful! We travel a lot but it was our first cruise. I think our next trip will be to Ireland. I feel myself being drawn in that direction. We spent one month in Hawaii on four of the islands and will go back one day. It was just beautiful. Have fun! I think you're a lot more into cruises than I am.

If you are interested in looking at my album, that I completed of our Alaska cruise in July, please click on the link below:

http://www.panraven.com/newstoryviewer/NewStoryViewer.html?storyId=169532

I purchased the Premier Album Package on Princess, which included 100 pages and free shipping. I did exceed it by 47 pages, which cost me an extra $47. The quality of the album that they shipped me was superior. I highly recommend the package for anyone interested in scrapbooking, their cruise.

Hi, Thank you for the beautiful pictures from your cruise. I have just booked an Alaskatour for next september. Love chris58 Stockholm Sweden

Hi, Thank you for the beautiful pictures from your cruise. I have just booked an Alaskatour for next september. Love chris58 Stockholm Sweden

Congrats, you will love the Alaska Cruise. If you have any questions, just ask away and I will try to answer them.

Oh, prepare yourself to be spoiled. I would cruise to Alaska every year if I could afford it. You will have a very difficult time, finding another cruise to compare to Alaska. In July, you should about perfect weather, as you can, in Alaska. I don't know which itinerary your are doing but try to spend a couple of days in Anchorage and Vancouver, if that is your itinerary. You will see the most amazing scenery and wildlife. If you have any questions, please ask away.

some folks recommend getting winter gear at the ports, (parkas, sweatshirts, etc.). We all buy some sort of souvenirs to take back so why not "kill two birds with one stone". What's your opinion. thanks.

do you know if they are getting the international cafe during the drydock, did you hear anything?

Just back yesterday from 14 days on the Diamond, originally there were plans for the IC and Vines to be added while in drydock. However evidently these changes will not occur. MUTS and the Sanctuary will be added, the cabins will all be refurbished, a lot of carpeting throughout the ship will be replaced and the pools refurbished. They completed the change over to View Sonic 26 TVs last week.

some folks recommend getting winter gear at the ports, (parkas, sweatshirts, etc.). We all buy some sort of souvenirs to take back so why not "kill two birds with one stone". What's your opinion. thanks.

If you cruising to Alaska in September, it's a good idea, everything is reduced to sale. If your cruising any other month, I would recommend at least bringing a water proof jacket and then you could buy some sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts in the ports, like I do, for souvenirs. Just make sure you have room in your suitcase, to take it back home.

Archived