I Can’t Believe This!!!!!!

Chief Cruiser

On Tuesday, an A/C hose developed a hole in it in my Ford Ranger and for some reason it quit running. My daughter was driving it and was 45 miles from home in another town. I called and had it towed back to our hometown and to the garage. :(

Yesterday, Wednesday, my Suburban quit running in the middle of the afternoon when the heat index was 100 leaving me stranded in the middle of the road. No warning. Nothing. Just boom....it cut off and wouldn't start for nothing. Fortunately, I was in town. I called and had it towed to garage. :mad:

Last night, my wife came in and said something was wrong with the electric window on the driver's side of our Dodge Caravan. I go check it out to see what is wrong. For some reason, the window would not come up. I checked the passenger side window. It wouldn't work at all. After struggling, tugging, pulling and working with the window on the driver's side, I finally got it up and thankfully it stayed, but now neither window is working.

I also find out late last night that TS Igor has formed and is expected to become a hurricane in the next couple of days. It's current and projected tract takes it towards the Bahamas. I can't believe this!!!!! :mad:

I get up this morning, go the bathroom and wash my face, brush my teeth, wet my hair and guess what? The bathroom sink becomes clogged and wouldn't drain. By now, I am just right before needing a padded room. :p

Why me???? :confused:

Normally, this type of thing is not a new chapter in my life. I am the proverbial "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" king. But this week is different. Yes indeed!

I AM LEAVING TOMORROW AFTER LUNCH TO TRAVEL TO CHARLESTON FOR MY 7-DAY CRUISE ON SATURDAY TO THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN AND I HAVE BEEN SO OCCUPIED WITH VEHILCES AND PROBLEMS THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SUITCASES OUT OF THE GARAGE, MUCHLESS ANYTHING PACKED!!!!!! :eek:

And I have to work the rest of today and up until lunchtime tomorrow!!!!!!

Gloom, despair, and agony is all over me! Honest Injun...every word of this is absolutely true!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a little love from my fellow cruisers?

Worrying never helped anything. ... such as if Igor will or wouldnt affect you. Some times its better to go on vacation and if you cant help any of the problems, leave them behind when you cruise. I know Iv been caught up in private stuff too and I have a cruise this month too.

It doesnt take long to pack, and I tell myself, if I forget something, who cares, it can be replaced. Its not life or death as long as you got the documents. I packed in 15 minutes for the last minute Ecstasy ...well probably didnt even take that long to fly out the door. Part of the 15 minutes was trying to call EZCruise about parking.

On Tuesday, an A/C hose developed a hole in it in my Ford Ranger and for some reason it quit running. My daughter was driving it and was 45 miles from home in another town. I called and had it towed back to our hometown and to the garage. :(

Yesterday, Wednesday, my Suburban quit running in the middle of the afternoon when the heat index was 100 leaving me stranded in the middle of the road. No warning. Nothing. Just boom....it cut off and wouldn't start for nothing. Fortunately, I was in town. I called and had it towed to garage. :mad:

Last night, my wife came in and said something was wrong with the electric window on the driver's side of our Dodge Caravan. I go check it out to see what is wrong. For some reason, the window would not come up. I checked the passenger side window. It wouldn't work at all. After struggling, tugging, pulling and working with the window on the driver's side, I finally got it up and thankfully it stayed, but now neither window is working.

I also find out late last night that TS Igor has formed and is expected to become a hurricane in the next couple of days. It's current and projected tract takes it towards the Bahamas. I can't believe this!!!!! :mad:

I get up this morning, go the bathroom and wash my face, brush my teeth, wet my hair and guess what? The bathroom sink becomes clogged and wouldn't drain. By now, I am just right before needing a padded room. :p

Normally, this type of thing is not a new chapter in my life. I am the proverbial "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" king. But this week is different. Yes indeed!

I AM LEAVING TOMORROW AFTER LUNCH TO TRAVEL TO CHARLESTON FOR MY 7-DAY CRUISE ON SATURDAY TO THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN AND I HAVE BEEN SO OCCUPIED WITH VEHILCES AND PROBLEMS THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SUITCASES OUT OF THE GARAGE, MUCHLESS ANYTHING PACKED!!!!!! :eek:

Gloom, despair, and agony is all over me! Honest Injun...every word of this is absolutely true!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a little love from my fellow cruisers?

Lucky...you get to leave for a cruise tomorrow...

Since this is a bad news thread, thought I might offer some words of encouragement relative to our friend Igor. All of the computer models are predicting that he will recurve out to sea long before reaching the Bahamas. That's the good news; the bad news is that computer models have been wrong before.

I am sending good vibes your way Chief!!!!! Things happen for a reason, just think how relaxed and in good spirits you will be when you get back from your cruise, you will be ready to take on the world! Not to be cheesy, but try to make a nice tall glass of refreshing lemonade out of these lemons life has given you. If you can't, just have lots of "adult lemonades" when you are on your cruise!!! :)

As 1 Clemson Tiger fan to another ---- I feel your pain. DH and I are having some vehicle issues right now also. I think a Tiger win on Saturday will help us feel a little better and at least you have your upcoming cruise to take your mind off of all your troubles!!! On the other hand, my cruise is a year away.:( We had to postpone our 9-25-10 cruise for various reasons. I just hope I can make it until our reschedule date of 09-24-11. !!! Happy Sailing !!!!:D

Seems like when it rains - it pours!! That happens to us also, everything at once :rolleyes: Hope your vacation will will be a great one, I'm sure it will.

Katty891 - just had to chuckle about the packing too early. I do the same thing. In fact, just got done packing for our cruise on September 26th, and that's LATE for me :o.

I also find out late last night that TS Igor has formed and is expected to become a hurricane in the next couple of days. It's current and projected tract takes it towards the Bahamas. I can't believe this!!!!!

I only have one bit of advice...if you store your suitcases in the garage :eek:, check them for bugs before packing! The last thing you need is bedbugs going along on your vacation.

Since this is a bad news thread, thought I might offer some words of encouragement relative to our friend Igor. All of the computer models are predicting that he will recurve out to sea long before reaching the Bahamas. That's the good news; the bad news is that computer models have been wrong before.

Thanks Cruzman, you really picked me up...............until that last line! haha

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. The comment about packing 2 weeks early and having no clothes really cracked me up.

The Tigers had better win Saturday considering who they are playing. If they lose, then my vacation is doomed. Nothing will be right in the world.

I hope all the comments about the tract of Igor going to the north are right. All I need to top this cruise off is to go somewhere I hadn't planned on going. I'm not going to fuss so much about that, at least I'll be on a ship!!!!!! Same thing happened to me in 08 when Hurricane Ike took me to the Western Carib instead of the East. Funny, that was the only time I had planned on going to Grand Turk in all my cruises. This year I thought we'd give it another shot and here it is being threatend again. Maybe I'm not supposed to go to Grand Turk! I don't care as long as I am on a ship and can't see land, where all my troubles are...... I'll be good to go!

OK...just rambling here trying to figure out where to start with so much to do between now and time to leave tomorrow. I got my list going, so at least it's a start.

Thanks guys for hanging in there with me! The thoughts and laughs have been a great pick me up for sure! :D

Everything happens in three's, and thankfully, you got your "three" out of the way!

Relax, you can throw a bunch of stuff in your suitcase tonight after getting home from work, and know that at this time tomorrow, you will be on your way to Charleston and an amazing cruise!

Have a DOD for me!

Sorry to hear of your mishaps! We went through it the week before last!

Friday: automatic garage door open went

Saturday: small pond in front yard, water line had a hole in it

Sunday: A/C unit went out!!

All is fixed(except garage door opener)...looking forward to also leaving on Saturday!!!

They say things happen in "3"...we should both be safe now!!

Have a safe trip down!!

You've got to stop buying all those various American cars. Actually, Fords in general are supposed to be very reliable now, it's just that the Ranger isn't one of their better models. Chevy has supposedly made great strides in quality the last couple of years too. As far as I know Chrysler products are still problematic though. (And it pains me to say that as a long time Chrysler fan)

Worrying never helped anything. ....

I disagree. Worrying always helps. My Pastor always says that 98% of what we worry about never comes to fruition. I always elbow my husband and remind him how effective worrying is -- keeping that 98% out of the way!

Have a great cruise.

Archived