Which good balcony cabin to book for four people on Zuiderdam?

lisah168

Thanks to the CC, now I am aware of which VD cabins to book on Zuiderdam. However, 4164 & 4166 are both double cabins so I don't think they will let four of us stay there. Any quad balcony that's good in terms of size of room and/or balcony?

Thanks to the CC, now I am aware of which VD cabins to book on Zuiderdam. However, 4164 & 4166 are both double cabins so I don't think they will let four of us stay there. Any quad balcony that's good in terms of size of room and/or balcony?

VD 4155, 4159, 4161, 4163, 4167 & 4169 are all "quads" with the larger balcony (7.5' deep) but as Brian stated above, if it's 4 adults it's a real squeeze.

How about 2 adults with their 16yo and 9yo daughters in VD4167 on the Oosterdam???

It's been done before, but it ends up looking like a dormitory at night - not restful at all...

...hardly any room to walk - and heaven forbid if someone takes too long in the bathroom.

Are you all adults?

Or are there children here?

If you are talking 4 adults -- keep in mind that even in the Deluxe Suites there is no curtain to separate the sleeping areas.

It's been done before, but it ends up looking like a dormitory at night - not restful at all...

...hardly any room to walk - and heaven forbid if someone takes too long in the bathroom.

Thanks, Brian...I think I can deal with a dormitory for one week...in exchange for having some extra $ for Alaska shore excursions! And I probably should've mentioned that both girls are quick in the bathroom! They shower, brush their teeth, and are DONE! If we decide to dress and do formal nights in the MDR, we'll have to give some extra time, but it sounds like we can manage! :-)

I used to share cabins with my daughters years ago. My trick was to go to the woman's locker room and take my nice shower there... Just use your bathing suit coverup as a bathrobe...

I understand the economics in Alaska with the excursions. But sometimes it is less to get two inside cabins than one outside with 4 people. If so. I would take the inside cabins. You need a lot of storage space given the weather and the clothing and lack of laundry facilities.

We had three in a VD cabin on the Westerdam. The third was our daughter (17). The pull out couch just leaves enough room to get out to the balcony and is folded during the day. It worked well for us. We loved the larger balcony. The small physical difference seems much more when you are using it.

The fourth berth pulled down above the head of the bed. We didn't use it but if we did we would have used the idea I have seen here and set the "head" of the bed away from the wall.

We also had three with our other daughter (19) on the Zuiderdam for Alaska in an SA. That was much more comfortable for sure but not required. Hopefully, you all will enjoy spending time outside the cabin and it will be much less an issue.

We, too, are going to push the envelope in an upcoming cruise with four (both daughters) in an oceanview on the Ryndam. I have seen that the Ryndam has the upper berth above the couch which should help. They plan to use the spa shower to get more shower time.

My take is do whatever it takes to get your cruise experience in. Sometimes it is worth it to spend on cabin and sometimes the money has to go elsewhere.

Archived