Did I make a bad choice?

barb65

Daughter and I just booked a five day Western Caribbean cruise on NCL Dawn. From some of the reviews I just read, I'm wondering now if I made a mistake. Help!! Please tell me some good points about NCL Dawn. I read some reviews about them losing luggage, bad food, etc.

Do you see my signature below, with all my cruises listed?

The NCL Dawn was my favorite cruise of ALL of them. :) I was on that ship for a 14 day repositioning cruise. Every day was fabulous. I booked the Dawn again for January and I can't wait!

I dont mean to start anything, but I am getting sick and tired of people wanting to be reissured they made the right choice choosing NCL. We are adults, do research before hand, if you dont like what you see, then dont choose NCL. But dont book a cruise and then ask to be reissured. Every message board will have someone saying something bad or good about any cruiseline. Your an adult, you need to make the decision if you made the right choice.

Some of us don't mind reassuring people who may have doubts, worries or concerns.......

I'm pretty sure that is one of the purposes of this web site.

Hey OP..... So now that you have heard from your possible CC fellow crusiers, what do you think? So did you make a bad choice? Wht do you think about the potential folks that here that you could be sailing with? You might want to ask this same question on other Cruise line boards changing the message to apply to the appropiate line and see what kind of response you get there. Also, regardless of the comments here, I heard somewhere (not verified) that less than 2% of the people who cruise have ever heard of Cruise Critic. So... for those of you that choose to reply to this, please keep in mind that I am asking the OP this question. Thanks!

Hey OP..... So now that you have heard from your possible CC fellow crusiers, what do you think? So did you make a bad choice? Wht do you think about the potential folks that here that you could be sailing with? You might want to ask this same question on other Cruise line boards changing the message to apply to the appropiate line and see what kind of response you get there. Also, regardless of the comments here, I heard somewhere (not verified) that less than 2% of the people who cruise have ever heard of Cruise Critic. So... for those of you that choose to reply to this, please keep in mind that I am asking the OP this question. Thanks!

:confused: The responses to this thread are no different from any that I've read on other boards.

• 2 weeks later...
Daughter and I just booked a five day Western Caribbean cruise on NCL Dawn. From some of the reviews I just read, I'm wondering now if I made a mistake. Help!! Please tell me some good points about NCL Dawn. I read some reviews about them losing luggage, bad food, etc.

HI Barb!

I took my mom on her first cruise last January on the Dawn and was really nervous after reading all the reviews. We had an amazing time and are headed back on the Dawn next week to Canada/New England from NY. We did however only eat in the specialty restaurants and loved them. We wanted to avoid the mad rush in the MDR. I was a little stressed with the lines out the MDR every night and am thankful we chose the more relaxing route of the specialties...they do add cost but are worth it!

Enjoy!

NCL doesn't want anyone to repeat as customers. That's why evryone gets treated like a criminal with low expectations. They travel just behind other cruise ships and siene the ocean for their food scraps in order to stock the larder. Once a day, they line up the pax and douse'em with a fire hose in lieu of keeping the showers in the cabins working. Once a week, every passenger must work in the galley or housekeeping in a cost-saving move.

It's a horrible experience. You'll hate,hate,hate the trip on the Dawn.

Not.

I believe you can find positive and negative reviews & comments for just about every cruise, hotel, vacation & restaurant around the globe! Thankfully, everyone does not like the same things & we are all coming into our vacations with all sorts of different past experiences & expectations. I believe reading the reviews & message boards is entertaining and sometimes helpful but must always be taken in perspective.

And yes, I do believe the purpose of a "message board" is to encourage discussion of whatever sort of topic related to your trip may be on your mind. I don't think that expressing your "concerns" & asking for "reassurance" is in any way out of line. This is discussion related to a particular cruise. If someone would rather not read it or participate in the conversation that is their perrogative. We all make plans & wonder & hope that we have made the best choice. Discussing, planning & dreaming of a trip can be a good portion of the fun (at least it is for me!) & it can also be scary committing to a particular trip when you know how few vacations many of us get these days....

Archived