Question about the T10 transit card

MsCruiserT

Say you validate your ticket in the metro station, travel to another stop but need to take a bus to continue your journey, you have to validate the card again on the bus right? Does it recognize that you are transferring, and therefore does not charge you for another journey? Once your ticket is validated, do you have an allotted amount of time to travel in the metro/bus system before that ticket "runs out'?

Say you validate your ticket in the metro station, travel to another stop but need to take a bus to continue your journey, you have to validate the card again on the bus right? Does it recognize that you are transferring, and therefore does not charge you for another journey? Once your ticket is validated, do you have an allotted amount of time to travel in the metro/bus system before that ticket "runs out'?

T-10 allows transfer between the systems.

The time validity varies to the number of zones you bought:

http://www.tmb.cat/en_US/barcelona/moute/targetes/t_10.jsp

The validating machine is checking the time when you transfer.

Regards

HeinBloed

My mind is full of packing and checking lists right now, and while I have read thru this thread, and the link Michael has suggested, I need to ask another (stupid) question.

Here is an example of a trip we will make: We take the Metro(M) from MA to MB, then walk around the B area for say 2 hrs, and then come back to MB and take the Metro to MC. MC & MD are at a "cross over" station and we take MD to ME to sightsee in that area. After less than 1 hr we return to ME and take the Metro back to MA

Is the ticket validated each time we swap lines, and/or by the time spent between each line?

My mind is full of packing and checking lists right now, and while I have read thru this thread, and the link Michael has suggested, I need to ask another (stupid) question.

Here is an example of a trip we will make: We take the Metro(M) from MA to MB, then walk around the B area for say 2 hrs, and then come back to MB and take the Metro to MC. MC & MD are at a "cross over" station and we take MD to ME to sightsee in that area. After less than 1 hr we return to ME and take the Metro back to MA

Is the ticket validated each time we swap lines, and/or by the time spent between each line?

If you start at MA you validate let's say 11.15 hrs and arrive 11.30 hrs at MB and make your walk.

13.30 hrs after 2 hours walking you board again the Metro:

Your ticket is only valid 1.15 hrs which means 12.30 hrs the validity terminated.

So from 12.31 hrs you return to the metro a new section of the T-10 will be validated. From the new validation it is valid again for 1.15 hrs with any rides you want to do as long as you stay in Zone 1 if you have a ticket for 1 zone (like Barcelona).

Before you make further thoughts:

One section of T-10 is currently 0.80 EUR = 1.00 USD...

You are not talking about big investments.

If you feel better: there is also T-Dia for unlimited rides for a day.

Regards

HeinBloed

The T-10 is a very good value.

I don't know how many folks are in your travel group or how many days you are in Barcelona but my sister and I used the T-10 for 4 days and JUST used it up at that point.

Depending on which sights you plan to see ,you may find you can walk between them and don't need the metro for as much as you might think.

Archived