Need your help quickly

first_timer2

Hi everyone!

I need your help quickly. I'm wondering if the Eurodam is for teenagers? I may be travelling with another couple with their 3 teenagers (15, 12, 9)and we were wondering if this would be a good ship for them. It's their first cruise and I don't want them to be disappointed. We're leaving in Jan for a 6 night out of FLL. Please please please, if you can help it would be great because we are thinking of booking today. Their other preference would be NCL Sun.

Thanks for your help, you guys are always great!:)

It depends upon your teenagers. My sister and her friends are taking their teenagers on the Eurodam and are not concerned at all.

things to consider - what do your teenagers like to do - how port intensive is your cruise?

There is no rock climbing or that type of thing on HAL.

There is good food, larger rooms and some stuff to do.

We have found at this time of year there aren't many teens and children aboard cruises on HAL or NCL. Because of lack of participation, many of the activities will be cancelled and the children's staff will be assigned other duties like greeting pax as they walk into the theater or assisting at kareoke. If there is an activity, often several age groups will be combined on these cruises. The older kids find it boring to be "playing" with younger kids. You will find the teen clubs empty.

However, many teens like hanging out together and don't join the groups anyway. There is the basketball court which seems to be a great place to hang out and, of course, the pool.

There is an arcade too.

Having cruised 4 times with HAL and 5 times with HAL, I would choose NCL.

We have a reservation to take my teen age grandaughter on the Eurodam. She plans of taking her sketch pads and drawing in her free time. She was amazed that she could just sit in all the different rooms (public areas). At her request we booked one of the lido cabanas. Since there is less drinking on HAL, there is less opportunity for teens to get drawn into alcohol use. From a reliable source, I learned that there are less reports of crime on HAL which makes it safer for a teenage girl to walk around alone. For activities, I know there are video games, movies, evening shows, and swimming. From experience, I know it works out better if the shore excursions focus on more active activities that kids like which balances out the more sedate refined atmosphere on the ship.

Marcia

Archived