Jewel of the Seas 8166 or 8666? Pics?

mspmcpie

Hello~

I've already booked a guarantee on Jewel of the Seas and got a E1 (8050). I've been looking at other available E1s b/c I've been told I can switch within the category. Does anyone have pics of 8166 or 8666? The balconies look bigger, but how much of it is usable? I would really LOVE to see some pics.

Trying to decide if it would be worth the extra walk...

Thanks for the help!

(also posted on cabin selection tips forum)

I would stick with what you've got.

We had 8164 on Brilliance, sister to Jewel. We could hear the music coming up from the deck 6 Colony club, granted we were on the port side where the stage was, you may not hear it as much on the starboard side. I do remember having a good look at the balcony for 8166. It goes right up against the bulk head of the ship, you do not have a view at all aft , only forward . Our neighbours stored their hardshell suitcases there:eek:

Sorry don't have any pics.

has this worked? oooh yes, first time doing an attachment ???!!

If you look at the second picture the balcony only extends a little and the bulk head crosses diagonally in front of it so as I said earlier I would stick with what you have.

The front of the balcony stops short of the bulk head so you can't 'peep' around the corner to aft if you understand what I mean?

We didn't choose our cabin but got it as an OV gty so weren't going to complain about it !!!

437364623_Heathersbig50birthdaytrip597.jpg.cf8f99a69c8378afd5c09d6c17660c85.jpg

1646508190_Heathersbig50birthdaytrip600.jpg.6605f3ebc62e4fa252a17a21575e0d38.jpg

Yep- I do see what you mean. I also took a Balcony Guarantee. The drop was $920:eek: -- so I couldn't pass it up. But, I am on the hunt for an E1 balcony that is big enough to put a lounge chair on. Been hoping a forward deck 7 E1 would open, but no luck yet....

Thanks again!

Archived