Off Dream yesterday LOOOVE Cove

scchasgal

I am so glad to see this post..I am in the process of booking and the price for the cove Magic is so good it is hard to pass up..I am so scared of being on the main deck. I always book at least 8 balcony. Please tell me all about the cove when you get a chance!!

Thanks..MM

I am so glad to see this post..I am in the process of booking and the price for the cove Magic is so good it is hard to pass up..I am so scared of being on the main deck. I always book at least 8 balcony. Please tell me all about the cove when you get a chance!!

Thanks..MM

The view is fantastic you don't overlook deck 5 when you look down you see the ocean and close up. It felt like being on a private yacht. Very quiet (2349) below the MDR and cabins below us.

The last sea day we were on the balcony watching dolphins playing in the waves. I can bet no one on deck 6 balconies and above even saw it as it was close to the ship.

Talking to the FCC rep onboard he says the balcony is larger than the other regular balconies (non aft wraps not included) and that they are the first cabins to sell out on the Dream. They are cheaper and better in my opinion.

Getting back onboard on deck 0 you don't have to wait for the elevators you only walk up two flights of stairs.

I'm so thrilled to read your post! I have booked a Cove for Feb. 26th and I'm excited to read only good things about this category of balcony. I was hesitant but it was the lower price category for a cabin so I was not excited about it but now reading all the reviews and seeing it on youtube - I'm super excited! thanks again.

I'm so thrilled to read your post! I have booked a Cove for Feb. 26th and I'm excited to read only good things about this category of balcony. I was hesitant but it was the lower price category for a cabin so I was not excited about it but now reading all the reviews and seeing it on youtube - I'm super excited! thanks again.

Forgot to add: we are in cabin 2345 - neighbor to yours! glad to hear it was quiet too. I can't wait.

The view is fantastic you don't overlook deck 5 when you look down you see the ocean and close up. It felt like being on a private yacht. Very quiet (2349) below the MDR and cabins below us.

The last sea day we were on the balcony watching dolphins playing in the waves. I can bet no one on deck 6 balconies and above even saw it as it was close to the ship.

Talking to the FCC rep onboard he says the balcony is larger than the other regular balconies (non aft wraps not included) and that they are the first cabins to sell out on the Dream. They are cheaper and better in my opinion.

Getting back onboard on deck 0 you don't have to wait for the elevators you only walk up two flights of stairs.

I agree with your statements regarding the coves although I didn't have one. We had an aft balcony (8477) and I didn't care for the deck 5 wrap around at all. I think we are going to try a cove balcony the next time, especially for the privacy (balcony club!!;):D:eek:) The seas were pretty calm, especially the last day, I bet it was really relaxing on the cove balconies. Our balcony had constant sun (which was fine but it got hot quick) and our neighbors were slamming thier door every 5 minutes it seemed.

If you have any questions while I put my review together just ask away.

We had a good cruise but not the friendliest of ship staff but didn't let it ruin our cruise.

Awesome. We are on a Cove in November 2329. We look forward to reading your review.

Anyone have experience with actually having the doors closed on the cove balcony? I can't get my DH to even consider one due to the chance of it. He thinks it will be like an inside if they close the doors, plus we both actually enjoy hanging on the balcony in rough seas and watching the water.

If you by the cheapest balcony tickets they typically get you a cove but may upgrade - I'ver heard there in demand so is it better to specify you want the cove in particular (i.e. 7C on the dream) but this is more expensive.

If you just pick the cheapest will they upgrade you most like if others are asking for the cove?

Anyone have experience with actually having the doors closed on the cove balcony? I can't get my DH to even consider one due to the chance of it. He thinks it will be like an inside if they close the doors, plus we both actually enjoy hanging on the balcony in rough seas and watching the water.

what is a cove? (sorry if this is a stupid question:p)

Here are some wonderful pictures that answers both questions. We have booked a cove on the Magic and can hardly wait.

Cove Balcony

You might want to post directly to Host Mach on the Crazies, though I dont know that his was totally closed, but he was in a storm on his cove balcony, but he decided to keep his doors open to watch the waves and the storm.

Someone else had theirs closed, and said they closed off the whole row at one time by opening the dividers... its rare the storm is so bad they get closed.

Archived