Why was my Boarding Card/room key confiscated!

mamagina

I’m not going to read 50 replies to see if this reply to the question has been posted. If it had been me and I wanted to keep the card, I would have ask them why they were keeping the card? It seems there was reason or they would not have kept the card. If this question had been ask at the gangway the problem would have been solved before leaving the ship.

WestonSteve's answer was so sensible (actually the only sensible conjecture IMO) that I would say he has in all likelihood answered the question. Certainly a lot more likely, IMO, than BruceMuzz's list, although I could not have done any better than he. It also accounts for the observation that a handful of cards will fail, one after the other, until the system rectifies the problem. Bravo Steve.

Bill

It seems like if you collect all your old cards then all you have to do, on Cunard, or any line is to say you lost yours during the cruise and get them to issue you another one.

You pack your 1st one away to keep and have your 2nd one for them to take away if they want.

I am still curious as to why they took your card and am waiting to hear the reply from NCL.

I guess on my next cruise, I will do that, until such time as I am sure I can get to keep one. They are a favored part of my cruise memories, and are great references for when I want to remember exactly which cruises and when I went on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceMuzz viewpost.gif

If you don't understand it, you should read my post again.

It's NOT a policy.

We do it when and where the local security authorities instruct us to do it.

We don't do it when and where they do not force us to do it.

Gee, anyone a little rude today?

And now I know why NCL has gone to the 'service charges' instead of tips. (NOT to 'open up a whole nuther can of worms' & hijack the post here....NO NEED to begin flaming..:eek:)

That was exactly my thought while reading the thread. Here's to hoping on not having a crew member on our upcoming NCL cruise with such a lovely attitude.

Been on somewhere around 15 cruises in the past (don't really care to keep track. Does anyone else truly care??) and cannot remember ever having cards taken at the end.

Very happy to hear of others who do not keep track. We've been on about two dozen, but could not possibly list them and certainly not which ships. The unique ones we can name (Sepik River, Galapagos, French Polynesia, a TA on the United States, etc.), but about a dozen were in the Caribbean, for example, and I can not even say how many times we have been to, say, St. Kitts or Roatan.

Bill

• 1 month later...

This may sound like a strange request, but does anyone have a picture of their card they could share? I need one for a Halloween costume. I don't need the names or anything else like that on the card, just a good shot of a recent card.

Thanks, Leon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceMuzz viewpost.gif

If you don't understand it, you should read my post again.

It's NOT a policy.

We do it when and where the local security authorities instruct us to do it.

We don't do it when and where they do not force us to do it.

Gee, anyone a little rude today?

And now I know why NCL has gone to the 'service charges' instead of tips. (NOT to 'open up a whole nuther can of worms' & hijack the post here....NO NEED to begin flaming..:eek:)

That was exactly my thought while reading the thread. Here's to hoping on not having a crew member on our upcoming NCL cruise with such a lovely attitude.

Been on somewhere around 15 cruises in the past (don't really care to keep track. Does anyone else truly care??) and cannot remember ever having cards taken at the end.

Just fyi, have read many times that poster BruceMuzz does not work for NCL.

Interesting thread- have never had the card taken away. Just got off Dawn 2 days ago and have my card in hand.:)

Just fyi' date=' have read many times that poster BruceMuzz does not work for NCL.

Interesting thread- have never had the card taken away. Just got off Dawn 2 days ago and have my card in hand.:)[/quote']

Yeah, I remember his post's on the Princess boards and they never seemed completely legit.

It seems like if you collect all your old cards then all you have to do, on Cunard, or any line is to say you lost yours during the cruise and get them to issue you another one.

You pack your 1st one away to keep and have your 2nd one for them to take away if they want.

I am still curious as to why they took your card and am waiting to hear the reply from NCL.

This sounds like a plan to me :D

Archived