Why was my Boarding Card/room key confiscated!

mamagina

It seems like if you collect all your old cards then all you have to do, on Cunard, or any line is to say you lost yours during the cruise and get them to issue you another one.

You pack your 1st one away to keep and have your 2nd one for them to take away if they want.

I am still curious as to why they took your card and am waiting to hear the reply from NCL.

If you look at Bruce's public profile it states.

"BruceMuzz has not made any friends yet"

Why am I not surprised by this?

I am not standing up for BruceMuzz, but I think this post was out of line, especially because if you check YOUR public profile, it states

"Salty The Sea Dog has not made any friends yet "

Come on now --- Mom always said "PLAY NICE"

We got off the Jewel 9-11 and everyone was given back their cards. This was NCL security personnel sitting just before the ramp down to the pier. We did get extremely screwed up halfway through debarking and Shona kept coming on the PA system saying customs had us at a standstill and please be patient

My understanding from the front desk person was, that one was deactivated when I was cleared on the first leg before they could give me a new one for the second leg.

And perhaps a clue as to why the OPs card was taken. When scanned it indicated it had not been deactivated as it should have been :cool: As good a reason as anyone has invented here. :D

And perhaps a clue as to why the OPs card was taken. When scanned it indicated it had not been deactivated as it should have been :cool: As good a reason as anyone has invented here. :D

Good possibility but why my card was taken is still curious to me.

Come on now --- Mom always said "PLAY NICE"

We got off the Jewel 9-11 and everyone was given back their cards. This was NCL security personnel sitting just before the ramp down to the pier. We did get extremely screwed up halfway through debarking and Shona kept coming on the PA system saying customs had us at a standstill and please be patient

Ok at the risk of sounding rude, how do you know everyone was given their card back? I mean do you really know that and if so, how? The OP said that most others getting them back but they did not.

I would check with NCL about this... What if there is personal information such as name, address, and credit card number embedded in the card?

Call NCL and see what info is on the card and ask why someone would take it from you (and not from everyone leaving). Hopefully it is nothing, but I would want some answers!

holds your entire cruzin history w/the line.. what u buy on board, any big prizes, wine gifts, or booze buys..lots o stuff.. my "rap sheet" (S n S) w/ CCL, must be vey long by now!

Sometimes when you swipe to get off the ship, it doesn't clear as fast as they want it to clear...I have seen them keep others, and I have a friend on Carnival and they sometimes have to keep passengers cards!

winner ! winner !

When they kept my wifes card a couple of years ago, that's what they said.

People who come from small towns in north Jersey, heck, I would be suspicious of them. And then there's that East Orange / West Orange question; what did you people do to Orange?

It went south and became South Orange. :)

Port Security / TSA Officials in some ports - on some occasions - decide that all those expired plastic cards pose a security problem.

Many passengers drop them onto the floor in the terminal and parking lot after the cruise is over.

Anyone could pick them up and attempt to use them to get access to the terminal or ship.

In theory this cannot be done - but in reality we have seen many occasions where security staff were not paying attention, scanning machines are not working properly, and unauthorized people get into the terminal or up the gangway.

When port security or TSA make the decision, ship's personnel are required to take your card as you disembark at the end of the cruise.

If some passengers' cards were not collected, it could be that they;

1. Were back to back cruisers and were returning later in the day.

2. Were company employees.

3. Were relatives travelling with a ship's officer.

4. Were Guest Entertainers.

Thank you BruceMuzz for explaining it. So it was the port security. Tonight, I found the card that was clipped on the corner. It is from the JADE Black Sea cruise in Sept./Oct. 2009 when we disembarked in Istanbul.

(Off topic)...Salty Dingo, I enjoyed reading your post about Maui on the Hawaii ports of call. I will be flying to Hawaii to meet a cc member and friends from Germany to show them Hawaii.

We disembarked from the Dawn today, too. They kept my card but gave my DW's card back to her. As we disembarked, the Cruise Director took each card, read the name aloud, and then handed it to the staff member who scanned the card.

There were delays in disembarkation today in New York and hightened security. (Easy Walk-off passengers did not finish getting off until 11:15 a.m.) Part of the delay was the P&O Aurora disembarking at Pier 88 at the same time.

Can I make a x:30 AM flight home? remains a regular question. Your experience mirrors one of ours, when we loaned some South Americans a phone to call a car rental and their friends who were going to fix dinner 6 hours away by car if no traffic.

Archived