Wheelchair for embarkation/disembarkation

KAYEF

Can someone please tell me how I can make sure there is a wheelchair my SIL can use upon embarkation? She will not need it onboard but just can't move fast enough along the long walk, etc. when passengers are embarking (heart and foot issues).

I've written Celebrity with no answer/results.

Thanks for what you can offer here. We're new to Celebrity after MANY cruises on HAL.

As far as I know, they do not retain wheelchairs for passenger use unless you book one.

Have you contacted Special Needs? This is from Celebrity's website. There's a phone number you can call.

Special Needs

Celebrity is committed to providing all of its guests with an unrivaled cruise vacation. Our unwavering commitment now includes a multimillion-dollar access project to upgrade and add to our current offerings, which include:

Staterooms and social areas designed to accommodate all guestsStaterooms, dining areas and public areas designed to incorporate Braille wherever possibleAlertmaster monitors, TTY/TDD, closed-captioned televisions and videos, and ASL interpreters (upon request)Accommodation for guest medical needs, including oxygen and dialysis

A variety of equipment available onboard, such as shower stools, bed extensions, raised toilet seats and transfer benchesWheelchair accessible staterooms, activities and services

To make arrangements, call 1-866-592-7225, fax 954-628-9622, or send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com

A friend of mine who travels with us quite frequently also needs assistance for embarkation and disembarkation. This has been our experience:

For embarkation: when you arrive at the port, tell a Celebrity rep that you need wheelchair assistance. A wheelchair will be provided.

For disembarkation: notify Guest Relations onboard the ship that your SIL needs wheelchair assistance for disembarkation.

From the Celebrity website -- I would call this number to make arrangements:

Wheelchair assistance is provided for boarding and departing only. Wheelchairs are available. Please contact our Access Department at 866-592-7225 for more information.

THANK YOU.................I figured I'd use e-mail and not hold up the 'phones.........I'll try this.:)

THANKS to each of you!

I'll keep "on it" so I feel confident when we arrive.

We're looking forward to trying Celebrity and to the "no smoking" but the new thread makes it sound as if it's not enforced on some ships.

Make certain that Celebrity knows before hand when help is needed at boarding. They have a list of those who have requested assistence and it saves hassle if they have a name.

For debarking make certain you go to the room where all assistence needed passengers are waiting.

THANKS to each of you!

I'll keep "on it" so I feel confident when we arrive.

We're looking forward to trying Celebrity and to the "no smoking" but the new thread makes it sound as if it's not enforced on some ships.

Don't worry about the smoking if you report it to guest relations they are on it right away. We have never had a problem anywhere inside.The one time someone was smoking on the balcony it was handled immediately.They can't do anything aout it if it isn't reported.For debarkation when we were on the Solstice handicapped are told to wait on deck 5 and wheel chairs pick them up there, a crew member is there to help.

Archived