Trapani - Suggestions for a day?

John Cruise

Could someone please help me out with an overview

of Trapani and maybe a suggestion for a port visit.

I'm not finding too much thru regular sites.

Thanks

JC

:confused:

I did a review of our cruise which included our stop in Trapani...here is a link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1263863&highlight=

I highly recommend a trip to Erice, it is beautiful and has great views of Sicily.

Kirk

Could someone please help me out with an overview

of Trapani and maybe a suggestion for a port visit.

I'm not finding too much thru regular sites.

Thanks

JC

:confused:

We were in Trapani last month. We loved it and hope to return someday. We used Romeinlimo and they were awesome. Picked us up and took us to the Salt Mines, Pellegrino Winery and to the quaint Medieval village of Erice.

Romeinlimo will take you wherever you want to go, and can customize your tour. Just tell them what you want, and they will arrange everything and make the most of your time in port.

I posted our plans on our Roll Call and we had 5 others join us so the cost was very good.

Erice has some beautiful shops and pastries!

Enjoy your cruise and your time in Sicily.

• 3 weeks later...

I initially booked a tour to Erice in Trapani but was so exhausted that I ended up cancelling it and spending a delightful day in the town. The ship is docked right on main street. There as a little train and an open top deck bus available for a small charge to take you through the town so that you could scope the places you may later want to walk to. Trapani is a real gem. We were there on a Sunday so most of the stores were closed but all the cafes were open. The gelato and coffee were amazing. Lots of locals were strolling in the town with their children enjoying a beautiful day and there also was a catamaran race from the dock. They don't get many cruise ships in Trapani so the town has not been turned into a typical "touristy cruise port". Prior to our departure, hundreds of people showed up at the dock to wave goodbye to us. We really enjoyed our day in Trapani as it was a nice change from the other busy ports. The locals didn't speak much English but were extremely friendly and proud of their town.

I have to agree with the last post. We arrived there on a Monday with plans to find our way to the cable car but found out that the cable car does not run on Mondays. So instead, we just wandered the streets of this delightful town and took a slow day which was nice for a change. There is a small electric bus which is free to hop on if you fancy a quick trip around. We also had fun just walking over the rocks and dipping our feet in the water. It was amazing being docked right in the town with the ship being taller than most of the buildings. The people in this town were also very friendly.

Archived