Carnival Cruise Corp on board credit

robgvic

I have a cruise coming up in December. If I buy stock now, after having already booked the cruise, am I elegible for the credit?

Yes, all you have to do is to fax the proof of ownership over, and you will be given the credit. It is not automatic, you have to show proof of ownership of at least 100 shares of stock, and supply your sailing information to Liza McDaniel, all information is located in the link provided earlier.

There is no need to notify your TA (most will be unfamiliar with the stockholder credit anyway). Simply fax a recent brokerage statement to the proper contact (different for Princess & Carnival) via fax or email.

I believe you also need the confirmation/booking page from your reservation.. That shows the ship, sailing date, cabin number, etc.

I believe you also need the confirmation/booking page from your reservation.. That shows the ship, sailing date, cabin number, etc.

Actually, you don't. All you need are your names, sailing date, ship's name, booking number, and we add our stateroom number if we have it. And of course your stock proof of ownership. You don't need to include the confirmation/booking page from your reservation. ;)

I have a cruise coming up in December. If I buy stock now, after having already booked the cruise, am I elegible for the credit?

I would wait until the final payment date is passed. They normally don't credit the account until you have made final payment.

While it can be in an IRA account, it doesn't count if the shares are part of a mutual fund.

Good enough. I wish the price were a little lower right now. But I just emptied out an orphaned 401(K) plan and have some money to inevest and 100 shares would be around 3% and not enough to make a big difference either way. With a Carnival Med cruise next summer and Princess British Isles cruise in a couple of years, that's a couple hundred discount.

Princess is currently giving an onboard credit for veterans that is exactly the same as the stockholders credit. You can not have both.

There is a $250 OBC for active or retired military, or veterans with at least 6 months combat duty or 2 years active duty with an honorable discharge. Send a copy of your DD214, a government photo ID, and booking information to Princess.

Email it to shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Fax it to 661-753-0151

Mail it to

Princess Yield Management

24844 Ave. Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

If you have questions then contact Lisa B. McDaniel at 800-872-6779 ext 30305

Do the shares that give the on board credit also pay dividends.
Just to clarify, you purchase Carnival Corporation & PLC (not Carnival Cruise Lines) shares. Many confuse the cruiseline with the holding company; they are not one and the same. Carnival Corporation & PLC is a holding company and owns Princess, HAL, Carnival Cruise Lines, Cunard, etc. :) Other than both being owned the holding company, there is no relationship between Princess and Carnival Cruise Lines.

Archived