What do you think of the pizza on Princess?

DonnaK

Sun Princess has good pizza.

The old Regal Princess and the old Sky Princess had good pizaa.

The old Royal Princess had lousy pizza - the pizza oven was a late afterthought.

The new Pacific Princess has mediocre pizza.

Well, I come from where pizza originated long long time ago, and have to tell u that Princess pizza is engineered with only price tag in mind.

In 2 years onboard I had about 100 of them, but only when my stomach wouldn't let me sleep otherwise and everything else was closed.

Whoever traveled to Italy some time in past, knows what I mean. ;)

Why eat pizza when there's real food in the Horizon or Cafe Carib?

I thought lunch at Horizon looked horrible during my cruise on Island Princess in July. We walked in Horizon during lunch time 2-3 times during our cruise and nothing looked appetizing to me. I would much rather eat pizza or burgers by the pool than have lunch in Horizon. We had lunch in the main dining room once also and my Philly cheesesteak was disgusting. We enjoyed dinner in the main dining rooms though.

My husband is a gourmet chef. He knows his food. He has judged Princess as the best in Pizza, with Carnival as second.

And, the Horizon Court has some very good choices. I know food is very subjective but when folks say that ALL the food in any venue is ALL bad......I'm very suspicious!!!!!

They don't put much on it.

Tell them what you want and if they have it they will put on the pizza. My problem is getting them to stop making it for us. Four of us sat down and asked for extra cheese, mushrooms and sausage and he made us four pizzas.

They were good but....I guess he thought each of us want a whole pizza. I really like my pizza and pasta and sauce, (I am built lke the proverbail pizza maker myself. BIG stomach!) I have been on Italian lines lke Costa and MCS and I like Princess pizza the best.

Don

Well, I come from where pizza originated long long time ago, and have to tell u that Princess pizza is engineered with only price tag in mind.

In 2 years onboard I had about 100 of them, but only when my stomach wouldn't let me sleep otherwise and everything else was closed.

Whoever traveled to Italy some time in past, knows what I mean. ;)

OK,I'll bite. Why would you eat bad pizza 100 times? BTW I've had some really bad pizza in Italia, but in Mestre in May, I hit the jackpot-really good pizza, wish I had it now

I thought lunch at Horizon looked horrible during my cruise on Island Princess in July. We walked in Horizon during lunch time 2-3 times during our cruise and nothing looked appetizing to me. I would much rather eat pizza or burgers by the pool than have lunch in Horizon. We had lunch in the main dining room once also and my Philly cheesesteak was disgusting. We enjoyed dinner in the main dining rooms though.

I've never been on a Princess ship where I could call the buffet food terrible. Some ships are better than others but they're all good although my tastes might not be a discriminating.

Great pizza from a 'real pizza oven'.

They don't use the new flame-throwing, conveyor-belt-driven

pizza ovens like you find in the 'chain pizza joints'.

Ya Mon, fold it over, watch out it's hot, notice the proper

amount of oil...only drips to your wrist...perfect thin slice

pie. Just like the old days... Baby Moon Pizza, Westhampton,

Long Island.

It won't be long now.

P.S. Everything tastes better about 14 stories up, at sea.

Archived