No Bon Voyage Experience on Holiday Cruises

AJs Grandpa

We have a 12/26 sailing out of FLL and thought the Bon Voyage Experience would make great Christmas gifts for family in the area. I gathered all the necessary info and called Princess today to book.

After checking with the Bon Voyage Experience department, the PSA told me the option is not being offered on holiday cruises.:( The PSA was as surprised as I was.

Just thought I'd pass this along to anyone else who had the same "bright idea."

Why? Did they explain further?

No. The agent was as surprised as I was. I stated my belief that others might take advantage of opportunity to use the experience as holiday gifts. The agent agreed and said she would "pass it along."

Perhaps they will be short-staffed on-shore for the holiday? Want to give on-board staff more time off? (Neither makes great sense to me--just trying to find some logic.)

One reason I posted this was to see if anyone else got a similar response. (It's possible someone else received a different ansser, having read several accounts here of folks getting less-than-accurate info from agents.)

No. The agent was as surprised as I was. I stated my belief that others might take advantage of opportunity to use the experience as holiday gifts. The agent agreed and said she would "pass it along."

Perhaps they will be short-staffed on-shore for the holiday? Want to give on-board staff more time off? (Neither makes great sense to me--just trying to find some logic.)

One reason I posted this was to see if anyone else got a similar response. (It's possible someone else received a different ansser, having read several accounts here of folks getting less-than-accurate info from agents.)

You're right this would have made for some great holiday gift giving. I would call Princess and ask to speak with a Supervisor for clarification.

Archived